When will you fix your mistake?
TiredOfExcuses
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm a long time Verizon customer for now. I moved in Sep 2016 and changed my account to DSL from Fios since they do not provide it at my location. My account was current but on 1/31 received an email from Verizon claiming my account was 125.00 delinquent, the account number did not match the 2 verizon accounts I currently had. When contacting you to inquire, you stated that somehow but unknown, my home phone/DSL account was divided to two accounts which double billed me and your solution was to delete the 125.00 deliquent account assuring me it would not affect my service. That night I came home to my service being down. I ended up on a 3 hour call with Verizon, twice being disconnected with the techs, being transfered back and forth between Tech support and Billing in attempt to resolve this issue...seems your Tech Support depatment and Billing department are incapable of conferencing each other into a call. After much frustration and passing off of the problem, Tech Support left me no choice but to wait while they escalated the issue to Network Engineering and wait 24-28 hours for a response and assured me I would be receiving email notifications regarding the issue. On 2/2 I called tech support to inquire since I have received no updates or notifications in 2 days and was informed the Network Engineering department closed the ticket earlier that day stating the line had no issues but I still had no connectivity and the ticket could not be reopened, that a new ticket needed to be created. Another couple hours on the phone with you guys yielded that you needed to send a tech out to my house to look at the line even after explaining that the likelihood was my DSL line was linked to the deleted account and just needed to be reviewed and added to my active account. So the earliest a tech could arrive was scheduled between 8-12 on 2/4...since he was given 4 appointments during that time frame and I was slated 3rd, he didn't arrive until 1230, so I was 4.5 hours out of work waiting at this point. Explained the situation to him, he called his central office and was on with them for 15 mins and miraculously after reviewing the deleted account they corrected the routing info for my current account and service was restored. Would have thought that would be the end to it except I recall your tech explaining that there were some discrepancies with my account per the central office but I was fixed until coming home on 2/6 and finding my service is down yet again. Another over an hour call resulted in another appointment scheduled for 2/8 from 1-5 and had to argue with Tech Support that I would not be taking another 4 hours off work for this and that they needed to hav ethe tech troubleshoot up to the residence in finding out what the issue is...so I ask, what is it going to take for a paying customer to receive timely and satisfactory service in resolving this issue that you created???

0 Likes
Re: When will you fix your mistake?
ThiaB
Moderator Emeritus

Hi TiredOfExcuses,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes