Where is the support in FIOS support?
HOTSTUFF1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having ongoing problems with my IHA. Like it does not work. My question was sent to the next level. (like a game)  (IHA TEAM) FIOS reps called my home to assist me at the strangest hours and times. They are not the only ones working. I am never home when they call. I have contacted FIOS support with the novel idea of.........How about giving me a number that I may call when I am available. I am on week 3 of awaiting an answer.  No IHA !!!  How come I have to pay my bills on time? 🙂

Re: Where is the support in FIOS support?
JiveTurkey2
Contributor - Level 1

IHA is a garbage program.  Not sure if this will help, but make sure there is only one instance of IHA, and make sure you don't have "Verizon Help & Support" installed too.  (Their even more dysfunctional "help" program).

HOTSTUFF1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the tips. I have been there and done that. My assumption is that Verizon does not have a solution.Smiley Wink

Oppie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

//begin rant//

Verizon does lots of things very well but occasionally royally messes up. Case in point, IHA. It's supposed to be an expert system able to fix many problems and guide the user through troubleshooting. Great when it works but a major headache when it goes wrong. It's purpose it to save Verizon the cost of online support. One must ask why, when I bring it to their attention that an upgrade of IHA (initiated by the program itself) crashed and is totally unrecoverable, they tell me "it is not part of your package so we can't do anything."  To put it succinctly, {word filter avoidance}

Used to be that Vz support was great. Over the four years we've been on FiOS, support has gotten progressively worse. Automated agent is a joke and when you do get a phone or chat agent, it's become an ecercise in annoyance. but I digress...

IHA update last week did not install properly and left a couple of paused scripts in the system tray. When IHA tried to restart, it threw several subscript errors.

Error 1722 with windows installer package. Action: run_iHAStarter, Location:...\iHA starter.exe, command: RunFromInstall.

With great effort, I now have the program manually uninstalled and registry purged of Verizon keys. This version refuses to install properly on this Win XP Pro machine (laptop) but has installed fine on a desktop machine (also XP Pro).
The problem machine had the windows firewall and antivirus shut off during install and it made no difference.
Sent this all to Vz support and nothing has come of it. They did send my a message saying that they appreciate my input. Of course they sent it from a no-reply@ mailbox... typical!
//end of rant//
tarman09

I have had trouble with IHA with my in home support agent.  Have spent over a week trying to solve the problem..gets escalated but no results...they  blame microsoft but every thing else works fine. Agents that I talk to try to help me but my opinion is I know more than they do.   They ask me to try things that I have done over a dozen times.  I am losing faith with Verizon and seriously considering dropping Fios and go to Cox.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

As said get rid of it and check for other garbage it installs, fortunely also with verizon in its name.

Apparently works on some machines, but goes wild on others.  I got rid of it when I found it driving one of my cpu's (fortunatly on a 8-way processor) to 100%.

0 Likes
tarman09

I solved my own problem...trouble was in my windows 7...had to do a system recovery and now it works.  You can close Ticket number:{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. Please contact Verizon directly to cancel your ticket.  

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

0 Likes