Whole lot of trouble and inconvenience (FIOS) - How to file a complain and ask for compensation?
Azima

Hi,

We recently came back to my apartment after a three-week vacation. During the time we were away, we got an email from our apartment management company saying that Verizon (through their contractors) was going to enter the apartment to do a wiring upgrade. They said that the upgrade was mandatory.

After we came back to the apartment after a long vacation (Saturday, 03/31/2018), we realized that the internet wasn't working. It was extremely frustrating since we needed to get a lot of work done after the vacation and the internet wasn't working for no fault of mine. I realized that this was probably due to the wiring upgrade that wasn't done right. Also, my phone works on wifi calling, which compounded our problems. The very first thing we had to do after vacation was getting on a call with Verizon technical support(!!) to get this sorted. We spent an hour on phone with support, and we could not figure the issue out. We had to set up an appointment for a technician to come in, and no date before Tuesday evening worked.

In the meantime, we spoke to my apartment management company through the weekend to understand who entered by my apartment and what they did. They put us in touch with contractors who did the upgrade. We spent about 2 hours in all of this.

We had many conversations with the contractor who did the upgrade. On Tuesday morning, they (contractors) finally came to my home just when we were about to leave for work. We spent an hour having conversations with them and their boss trying to figure out what was wrong. It was astonishing to see how little they knew about what they were doing. They had no testing equipment and little knowledge of how everything worked. They couldn't even have a proper conversation with us (their English was really bad). Their answer to everything was drilling a hole in the wall and checking if the wire is cut. They did not even know what various lights on the router meant (that red light on router meant no internet). The first thing the guy told us was that my internet was working fine since the red light was on. It was extremely frustrating to deal with that.
The Verizon technician(with whom I had secured the appointment on Sat) who finally came to fix the internet on Tuesday evening had to spend 90 minutes at home. He did his job very well and he had the right tools and equipment to check stuff. He was very frustrated and angry because apparently, the contractors had messed up at a lot of places which had caused my internet to go out. He had to make all that right and get my internet to work. Internet finally started working on Tuesday evening.

All this caused us a needless headache, inconvenience, and losses over four days after we came back from the vacation and we needed things to be smooth. Time is very important for us, and so is internet! We want to be compensated for all this headache and inconvenience.

A few months back, when I and my boyfriend had to move, Verizon ensured that my boyfriend had to pay for terminating the connection early (for some reason they couldn't just move internet to our new apartment without him having to pay $99 installation fee, so he had to cop out the early termination fee and we had to get a new connection. Verizon was not very considerate about the situation)

So, we want to make sure Verizon compensates heavily for the situation we faced recently. This internet loss and inconvenience over four days, the amount of time we devoted for this and because we could not get work done due to the internet being out for no fault of ours right after vacation, we think Verizon needs to pay a huge compensation. We are determined to pursue this and ensure Verizon is held accountable. Please suggest the correct route for this. Every extra minute we spend on this is only going to increase the frustration and loss for us.

0 Likes
Re: Whole lot of trouble and inconvenience (FIOS) - How to file a complain and ask for compensation?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Azima,

Have you contacted Customer Support (1-800-VERIZON) to request an adjustment to your bill for the time you were without service?

0 Likes
Re: Whole lot of trouble and inconvenience (FIOS) - How to file a complain and ask for compensation?
Azima

As you can see from my long post, in this case, just the adjustment of bill for the period out of service is not enough. We got the service back after spending a lot of time on and going through a lot of hassles and inconvenience. Will the customer service help with that too? I would prefer sending an email to the right person or something, since getting in touch with right customer rep and explaining takes more time.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

http://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios

However you will not get compensation outside of loss of service per days out etc.

nothing extra.  Once you call in and put in a claim it will be looked at first.

if they verify service loss then days you were out will be subtracted from the days you actually paid for. 

I would consult with your states public service commission or Public Utilities Commission and file a complaint with them. Or just contact your states attorney generals office and get them involved.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

No provider will compensate you for anything other that the cost of service.

0 Likes
LK1313

How do you get compensated for wasting two hours of your time just trying to get your order delivered and pricing correct? I’ve dont two chats and two calls into customer service. All of which were tedious and either not helpful or in direct conflict with information provided previously?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Look at my reply 2 answers down.

you will not get compensated for telephone & chat conversations.

only direct service out and only after you call in and say your service is out.

0 Likes