Why is there no date and timestamp in Broadband Speed Test Analysis information:
morganboy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Couldn't this be done so I could test my DSL connection at different times to see if I'm experiencing problems due to network or traffic conditions. GMT time or my local time, the server time? You do have to pick a location (server) to run the test to? Currently I have to cut and past the results and date and timestamp them to know when I ran the test. It  would make it easier to track and record the data. Also maybe useful if you were asked to forward the logs to support.

Sorry if somebody already addressed this issue or request, or can't be done, just an old tech support guys thoughts.

Re: Why is there no date and timestamp in Broadband Speed Test Analysis information:
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Sounds like a perfect idea for the Verizon Ideas Exchange.  Give it a shot over there and see if other users vote for it, and if verizon responds 

Re: Why is there no date and timestamp in Broadband Speed Test Analysis information:
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like something that would be useful while in support. The Verizon speed test is an NDT test under the hood which supports logging, so I don't imagine it would be very hard to implement. Verizon would just need to teach the agents how to read an NDT test's detailed results properly to determine if it's a congestion issue or not.

What might also be a nice idea to make a suite of tests that Verizon's Speed Testing application works with is to have it also perform an NPAD test and a Traceroute (along with Reverse traceroute) test. NPAD tests come in handy for capacity testing and in-depth loss testing since I believe the tests use UDP packets.

The only thing Verizon would need to make sure of if they set up an NPAD server for each region, is that it only tests only a few lines at a time. Get a FiOS connection going at it and not only will the test take a few minutes to even get going as it tries to find where the connection saturates, it'll eat up a good amount of bandwidth in the process which is taken away from other tests.