Wi-fi
unaseer

I have never seen wifi speeds greater than 26mbps down.  I currently have 75/35, yet again nothing better than 75/35.  I know that wireless speeds are lower than when connected through ethernet, yet I don't think the drop-off should be this great.  I have the Fios N router (red strip).

0 Likes
Re: Wi-fi
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@unaseer wrote:

I have never seen wifi speeds greater than 26mbps down.  I currently have 75/35, yet again nothing better than 75/35.  I know that wireless speeds are lower than when connected through ethernet, yet I don't think the drop-off should be this great.  I have the Fios N router (red strip).

So lomg as your signal is good and you met the criteria I answered in your other post your wireless speed could equal your wired speeds.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@viafax999 wrote:

@unaseer wrote:

So lomg as your signal is good and you met the criteria I answered in your other post your wireless speed could equal your wired speeds.

Not necessarily.  It depends on what flavor of wireless is being used.  26mps doesn't sound that bad.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your computer equipped with a Wireless N radio? Do you have the ActionTec router in "Performance Mode" under the Wireless settings (this does block older devices from connecting, FYI)? How about playing with channels to see which is more clear? Does location of the computer or router improve the speed?

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

His other post and my answer to that is pasted below.

@unaseer wrote:

I am paying for 75/35 and I have NEVER seen wifi download speeds greater than 25mbps.  I have the Verizon N router. I used to have 35/15 and I had the same results.  Anyone having similar issues?  Please help.  Thank you.

make sure you are using wpa2 security, the router is in performance mode and that all your devices are N capable.

0 Likes