Wifi issues with google mesh wifi and FIOS
jgfinnegan

I have a fios router with wifi disabled on both 2.4 and 5g.  That unit is in the basement.  From there I have a hardwired connection to my google router on the main floor.  I also have a point upstairs in 1 bedroom.  Everything works fine but throughout the day and especially from the bedroom farthest from the point, i keep losing the wifi signal, any internet app just spins on my phone.  Its incredibly frustrating.  The bedroom I work out of is only about 50 feet from the point in the upstairs bedroom.  How can the connection be so unstable?  I've tried doing speed tests, the ones that complete say it is lightning fast.  And the other times I get the can't connect to internet.  

I guess my question is do I need to do anything else to the FIOS router?  I've heard things like setup a bridge, use as an access point.  Please help.  I'm so **bleep** off after spending money for this.  Can't return it as its past the deadline for a return.  My old router worked actually worked better.

0 Likes
Re: Wifi issues with google mesh wifi and FIOS
jonjones1
Legend

This site may be of assistance 

https://www.reddit.com/r/GoogleWiFi/comments/8p2k7a/best_setup_for_verizon_fios_quantum_gateway/

it should give you options. Please note there are two google mesh devices. One is from google with no verizon fios alterations or additions, and of course the other is verizon branded and has been purported to have a myriad of issues. Hopefully the above link will assist you.

0 Likes
Re: Wifi issues with google mesh wifi and FIOS
jgfinnegan

I should also have mentioned that I also have hard wired connections up to 2 bedrooms from the basement fios ONT.  I need to be hard wired for my job as I cannot rely on wifi.  So I can't use the option of taking the incoming ethernet cable and running it right into the google wifi router.  So I have a coax and ethernet connection from fios into the gateway router, from there i have 3 hard wired connections, one to main floor google wifi router, and 2 others up to bedrooms to connect laptops directly.  I have wifi turned off on the fios router but still experiencing issues.  Again, I've heard turn the fios router into a bridge or access point but i don't know how to do it.

0 Likes