Wireless N Router
kirkunit
Enthusiast - Level 2

I saw a rumor somewhere that VZ is coming out with a Wireless N router this summer.

Does anyone know if this is vapor or real?

My second Actiontec is acting up, and I'm tempted to get my own router and use that, but would be sorely annoyed if I bought one and then VZ released one.

Thanks for any solid info. you can provide!

KU

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wireless N Router
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

There are several posts about this already.

Verizon does have an "N" router, but it is available only to customers that order the 150/35 internet speeds. All others get the "G" router. Although the Actiontec rev F does have limited "N" capabilities, if you want true "N" systems, you will need to get your own "N" router.

View solution in original post

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

There are several posts about this already.

Verizon does have an "N" router, but it is available only to customers that order the 150/35 internet speeds. All others get the "G" router. Although the Actiontec rev F does have limited "N" capabilities, if you want true "N" systems, you will need to get your own "N" router.

kirkunit
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for replying.

I did search through the first 5 pages of posts, then did a search through this area of the forum. Perhaps their search function is a little weak, because I had no hits on "wireless n router".

Bzzt. And now I try it again and see multiple hits. Well, sorry for the repetitious question. I did search before posting.

0 Likes
famphilips

this thread is the first link that came up for me when googling "verizon fios wireless n router" on the verizon domain that seemed at all relevant to whether I could get a N router from Verizon. So I would say: no need to apologize when google finds this first.

0 Likes