Yahoo not responding?
kbwaggingtails
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a  6 month old laptop and within the last several weeks if I am on Yahoo(my homepage) or facebook suddenly I see that everything has stopped.  I look up to webaddress area and it says"yahoo is not responding"  or "facebook is not responding"

What is this all about?  Is it my internet connection?  It even happens when I am wired.

I am  not savvy about cocmputers, so it really frustrates me when I don't know what to do!  Thank you for any help.

0 Likes
Re: Yahoo not responding?
jonjones1
Legend

@kbwaggingtails wrote:

I have a  6 month old laptop and within the last several weeks if I am on Yahoo(my homepage) or facebook suddenly I see that everything has stopped.  I look up to webaddress area and it says"yahoo is not responding"  or "facebook is not responding"

What is this all about?  Is it my internet connection?  It even happens when I am wired.

I am  not savvy about cocmputers, so it really frustrates me when I don't know what to do!  Thank you for any help.

There can be different reasons for the issue. Ocassionally a web portal will stop resonding on its own. Other times the service at your home can have a burp. But will generally connect back quickly, internet congestion is another reason, and of course it can be site error.

http://network-tools.com/

the link above can tell you in the trace what the issues may be.

0 Likes
kbwaggingtails
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi  Thank you for responding......but I clicked on the link and it brought me to the place you said it would.  I then checked trace and it also did that.  However, I have no idea what any of htis means.  The numbers and so forth are like French to me.

I am the only one online and this is the only laptop in the house so it isn't as if we have a lot of computers,movies and so for going at once to congest the line here.  Most of the time the tv isn't even on while I am online.  I don't understand the whole thing actually.  I do thank you for answering me though.Thanks again

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The tracert simply shows you where the problem lies.

if you see frequent "request times out" while doing a trace this is where the issue more than likely sprouts from.

Another issue can be the router. If the router is not functioning properly then your computer and other devices will not work as they should.

you could call 1-800-VERIZON and they may able to troubleshoot.

0 Likes