access to my personal website
MIKE7772
Enthusiast - Level 3
I "published" my Verizon personal website, and then closed all browsers.  Then, trying to ensure that other people can access my website,  I typed my website address into the address bar.   I accessed it with no problem when using Mozilla Firefox as my browser (which is the browser I normally use for everything).   Yet, when I closed Mozilla Firefox, and then tried to access the website thru Internet Explorer, it says, "This home page is under construction."   I don't understand this problem in light of these facts:  (1)  Internet Explorer is what I've used all along when building and editing my website;   (2)  Although Internet Explorer won't let me access my website, it will give me access to other websites, such as Google or e-bay.
I tried to fix the problem by UN-publishing my website, and then closing all browsers, and then re-publishing it.  But then I get the same results when trying to access it.
Can anyone help?!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: access to my personal website
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried clearing Internet Explorer's cache? You can do that from the Control Panel > Internet Options > Delete Files section.

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried clearing Internet Explorer's cache? You can do that from the Control Panel > Internet Options > Delete Files section.

MIKE7772
Enthusiast - Level 3

That proved to be the crux of the problem.   Thanks!!

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not a problem 🙂

0 Likes