cancel my Verizon account or will my issue be resolved
badmoonhigh

I am getting intermittent drops in connection with my DSL service.     I have chatted online with support.   I have called support and the issue stopped for 3-4 hours and then started again.  I have followed all there directions.    Any other suggestions....................the next step is to go to a cable ISP provider and cancel my Verizon account.    

0 Likes
Re: cancel my Verizon account or will my issue be resolved
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Is wireless in the router enabled?

#2 If so, to question number one above: What level of wireless security is it set to ( WEP / WPA )?

#3 Post the modem status from the modem.

This info may be at System Monitoring -> Advanced Status  -> Transciever Stats.

0 Likes
Ragspirit

I had a similar problem with my DSL... that eventually showed up on noise on my telephone line... I had had this noise on the lines before after it had rained... When I called to service the problem, they suggested I change batteries on my phones... which I did... but did not solve the problem...  I have since changed my telephone service and the dial tone is clear as a bell... Poor service from Verizon... so I changed...

40 years with the same number... took my number with me ... 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

For a word of advice to anyone seeing noise issues with the Telephone service from Verizon:

Ignore DSL. Don't tell Verizon about the DSL having problems. Get the Voice service repaired and DSL will follow. If you have static on the line, Verizon must repair the static. When there is static, you must call Verizon from another line, such as a Mobile phone or a neighbor's line and report the trouble. The agent on the other end of the phone must run the Mechanized Loop Test, and if the test fails, they must write a ticket and dispatch a tech promptly to your home/to the problem to get the issue resolved (meaning, within 24 hours as an attempt). They should not be writing appointments 2+ days out (Past regulations), and they should not be blaming batteries on phones for intermittent noise issues as the phones either work or don't work. This isn't the 90s anymore on the days of analog cordless phones. If they fail to do what I mentioned they should do above, you can get them in trouble. Running an MLT test on reports of voice service is industry standard. Just ask the rep to run one after you describe the problem.

The key is to NOT CALL FROM THE BROKEN LINE.