cannot upload proof of residency
fiosuser2017

how does one provide proof of residency? I always get a blank page whenever I click the upload button.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: cannot upload proof of residency
jonjones1
Legend

@fiosuser2017 wrote:

thank you for the response. do you have the fax number?

You have to call the 1-800-Verizon toll free number.

the representative has to know what you want to do (prove residency for Fios)

they give you the correct number.

i would simply take a photo of one document, save it to your photos with a name you can remember. Go back to the Verizon site from where it requests the proof. Then upload from your phone. 

But call and have fios  give you the correct fax number.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@fiosuser2017 wrote:

how does one provide proof of residency? I always get a blank page whenever I click the upload button.

Normally they have a upload button. If that is not working you can go to a Verizon store.

you can also use a fax machine either from home, a neighbor or a place like the UPS store.

0 Likes
fiosuser2017

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@fiosuser2017 wrote:

You have to call the 1-800-Verizon toll free number.

the representative has to know what you want to do (prove residency for Fios)

they give you the correct number.

i would simply take a photo of one document, save it to your photos with a name you can remember. Go back to the Verizon site from where it requests the proof. Then upload from your phone. 

But call and have fios  give you the correct fax number.

0 Likes
Upload Proof of Residency.... upload link will not work... stays blank
jaeXCMD

Just as the subject line states, Upload Proof of Residency.... upload link will not work... stays blank. I own the home and have a tenent moving out and I am moving back in. I have all the paperwork in the world to prove but need to get it to Verizon stat!

Id like to do this over the net. Can this be escalated as I have seen other have done so I can upload to a rep in real time?

Thanks ahead!

0 Likes
Re: Upload Proof of Residency.... upload link will not work... stays blank
jonjones1
Legend

Verizon gives you multiple ways of getting it to them. The easiest way is to take a picture via your cell phone camera which you only need one document.

use it to submit via the online submission portal they told you to use. I used it for the wireless side for a veterans discount. It works better if sending with a tablet or cell phone. Make sure to save the submission confirmation which I did via a print of my cell tablet. Then when they said they didn't get it, yep that is what they told me. I said the proof is in front of me and I will file a charge with my state authorities.

10 minutes later while on hold it was suddenly found and applied after 10 days. So be diligent.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Upload proof of residency Not Working on ALL Web Browsers
harpnot9

I have tried to fulfill "Upload Proof of Residency" with MS Edge, Chrome and Firefox, however with all I get the same thing, no prompt to browse for a file on my local machine.  Is this a known issue?  I have cleared my cache and cookies multiple times.

0 Likes
Re: Upload proof of residency Not Working on ALL Web Browsers
jonjones1
Legend

I am going to assume you read my reply to the original poster?

you take a picture with your cell phone or tablet. Email it to yourself and open the email on a computer. (Save the photo to the desktop) then when Verizon Asks for proof of residency you can simply do a email attachment as requested, or via the online submission form web portal. Or you can fax it to them (they will give you the fax number) or you can bring it to a store for verification (it must be a company store not a reseller like Best Buy or next gen or arch Wireless )

you can call 1-800-VERIZON and they can assist with the issue as well.

0 Likes
shilpi

As a new customer this is so much hassle, I tried all uplod methods from desktop to mobile but I always get blank screen, talked to customer care on chat, they provided email address to send proff over 24 hours no issues, not sure if as a new customer we need to go through so much pain to get Internet connection. Not a good impression from a big service provider. Instead of pointing us to fax sned email, please fix your site.

0 Likes
visteon1

I'm having the same issue. What email address did they give you? I'd like to try that since the upload function on the website doesn't appear to be working.

I tried using the fax number I was given, but it was busy everytime I tried so the fax wouldn't go through...

0 Likes