cant connect to one site
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

i cant connect to one site on fios for awhile now..its not an important site its actually an adult themed site lol but it annoys me that i cant figure out why it wont work right

i know the site is up and running fine

it doesnt work on any browser i tried

and heres the more weird part it doesnt work on the pc directly connected to the router and one of my laptops on wireless but it works fine on my other pc connected wireleslly

theres no diff in software so i dont know whats going on if its something in the router or what..i tried rebooting the router that did nothing

the site is xtube.com

i go to it and most of the time the first time the main page will load but then i go to click on any link on the page and it will just time out and thats always happening..this is the only page it happens to

i just want to fix this and find out the problem because it bothers me that a site isnt working when it should

so any ideas just wanna figure this out cause its annoying me to not know what the prob is

0 Likes
Re: cant connect to one site
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I'll have to wait until I'm not at work to try to help you with this one. 😉

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@iamloco724 wrote:

and heres the more weird part it doesnt work on the pc directly connected to the router and one of my laptops on wireless but it works fine on my other pc connected wireleslly

That is odd.

Let us run some checks.

#1 With your web browser go to https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

#2 In the same pargraph as

There is no standard governing the format of these machine names, so this is not something we can automatically determine for you.

Is the public / external IP Address.
#3 Record what it is.
#4 Repear steps 1 to 3 for all of your computers.
#5 Without posting the Public / External IP Address, all of the computers are coming from the same Public / External IP Address?
#6 What is the brand and model of your router?
Justin46
Legend

Well, I can't get to the site either, but that is because I use OpenDNS for my DNS services and that site is blocked by my OpenDNS settings Smiley Very Happy

A couple of things:

1) Are you sure that the PC that does work is actually using your wireless network versus a neighbor's?

2) Assuming all PCs really are attached to the same network (router), wired and wireless, my guess would be that you have a software firewall or anti-virus that is blocking the traffic to/from the site, or maybe a setting in the router for just those PCs that won't access it.

Clearly, if one PC on your network can access the site, then Verizon is not blocking it in any way.

Keller, TX 76248

iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

all pcs ip are fine

the router is actiontech MI424WR-GEN2 Rev E

the wireless pc is on my network

i am not running any softeware firwall on my pc,and my pc runs very clean since i know what im doing for the most part and scan reguarly

i disabled my anti virus and still had the problem

i did a hard reset on the router still have the problem..uninstalled my main browser and reinstalled still have the problem

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

can you access the website through https://www.megaproxy.com/freesurf

Also try changing your DNS

0 Likes
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

changed dns still not working

ive tried proxys and i get to the enter page just fine but it cant get past that but i just thing your not aloud to enter the site through a proxy cause i click enter and it doesnt even attempt to go in..where as if i try on my pcs that it doesnt work on i get a connection timed out

iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

ok well i just did my own little test on the computers i connected to my landlords wireless and it still didnt work on the comptuers that it didnt work on but worked on the one computer it already worked on

so to me this means its def something with the computers them selves am i correct in thinking that?

if so any ideas..this is really annoying..i dont like problems i cant solve its not about what site it is i just like solving any problem i run into

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does your landlord use the same ISP (Verizon) by any chance? If he does not, it's possible something is up with the PCs that are causing you to not be able to reach it.

0 Likes
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1
yes shes on fios as well thats why i tested it..any idea what could be causing this on the pc them selves