ipsec alg, port forwarding and firmware upgrade westell 7500 (A90-750015-07)
doreen51

Hello,

Trying to do port forwarding for a couple of cameras .

PROBLEM 1: Accidentally deleted ipsec alg in the portforwarding.

(1) How can I get this back?

(2) Is it critical that I DO get this back into the modem's port forwarding?

PROBLEM 2: After deleting the ipsec alg entry in the portforwarding, the ADD button on that screen is no longer functional so cannot add ANYTHING (it's acting as if it is disabled). Almost as if a bug in the screen where it is not accounting for there being zero entries on the portforwarding screen

(3) How can I reset the modem to fix this problem?

ADDITIONALLY:

(4) Would anyone recommend upgrading the Westell firmware in the future. And if so, where could I get the upgrade?

current version is 5.01.00.02 

(5) would an  upgrade put the IPSec ALG back into the port forwarding and/or fix the ADD button disabled issue?

Thanks in advance for any help

0 Likes
Re: ipsec alg, port forwarding and firmware upgrade westell 7500 (A90-750015-07)
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Problem number one..

#1 At this time: I do not know of any other way other than to reset the modem combo.

#3 To reset the modem combo...

Press the reset switch/button on the back of the modem combo for at least 15 seconds.

#2, #4 and #5: At this time, I don't know.

0 Likes
Re: ipsec alg, port forwarding and firmware upgrade westell 7500 (A90-750015-07)
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

IPSec ALG is for VPN connectivity. If you don't use VPN connections for work (as an example), it shouldn't be a problem not being there. To reset the modem, there should be a small reset button on the back which you need to push in using a paperclip or a pen. Hold it down for 30 seconds and it will reset the modem. From there, you either need to run the DSL Activation wizard to reconfigure your modem, or if you are comfortable with setting up the modem yourself, disable the Walled garden ( http://192.168.1.1/verizon/redirect.htm or http://192.168.1.1/verizon/redirect ) and reconfigure the modem for your PPPoE login (if you use PPPoE currently) and anything else you may wish to set up.

0 Likes
JNagarya

One can also reset the modem to defaults from the "Advanced" page.  This is the easiest method.

If one forgets one's ID and or password, then the reset on the back of the modem must be used.

0 Likes