is it possible to Moca WAN bridge with fios router and use moca adapters for LAN?
fleshzombie

I had my house set up using the Actiontec MI424WR Rev 1 with coax from ONT, I then used some actiontec moca adapters to run the network through the house since it is wired for Coax to ethernet switches which I plugged my IP cams, gaming systems, etc. I got a fancy new Nighthawk R8000 router that I would like to use for faster wireless speeds & range, etc. so I set up the MI424WR as a moca WAN bridge successfully and got the wireless network going.

My question is whether I can use the Auctiontech moca adapters (ECB2500C) to send the LAN back throughout the house using the coax connection. I thought this was possible simply by ethernet from LAN port on nighthawk router into the moca adapter back into a splitter that houses the same connection coming in through the MI424WR bridge. Since it worked as 2 way traffic before turning the MI424WR into a bridge. When I tried doing this I lost internet connection and my computer which was plugged directly into the Nighthawk kept altering between no network cable plugged in, and no internet connection.... I am guessing since the signal was split before the bridge, it was sending the traffic directly into the Nighthawk router via coax to ethernet instead of ethernet to coax (which I heard most moca adapters cant transfer the fios signal like this).

anyways, I am trying to use coax through MI424WR as a bridge into my Netgear router then Moca back to the other rooms of my house using moca adapters, is this possible?

0 Likes
Re: is it possible to Moca WAN bridge with fios router and use moca adapters for LAN?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't really see why it wouldn't work. But if the old Actiontec router isn't working can you put another ECB2500B in it's place and accomplish the same setup?

0 Likes