modem and router not connecting
yellowrose54
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am new to verizon, I have just switched over from Cox, and I am wondering why my linksys wrt16nv2 router is not working with my Verizon westell 6100g modem no matter how many times I try or follow the directions given

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: modem and router not connecting
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@RetiredDBA wrote:

If you have more than one ethernet connection to the home network hub,  then you will need the linksys router as well as the 6100g DSL router.  In this case, you have to put the 6100g into bridge mode.  Did your instalation instructions tell you how to do that?

While I am not the OP, I have reason to suspect the answer to that question is no.

In that case, the OP could follow http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600

View solution in original post

RetiredDBA
Contributor - Level 2

If you have only one computer or device connected by ethernet, and all the other computers or devices are connected wirelessly, you can remove the linksys router from the configuration and build your entire home network around the 6100g. The installation instructions should help you do that. 

If you have more than one ethernet connection to the home network hub,  then you will need the linksys router as well as the 6100g DSL router.  In this case, you have to put the 6100g into bridge mode.  Did your instalation instructions tell you how to do that?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@RetiredDBA wrote:

While I am not the OP, I have reason to suspect the answer to that question is no.

In that case, the OP could follow http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600

yellowrose54
Enthusiast - Level 1

thx for the help it worked.

0 Likes