please help, dsl acting wierd
amesburian

i have been having this problem for several weeks, with no help so far from verizon whatsoever. i purchsed a new router, had verizon send me a new modem.. and still nothing. ive messed with settings, reset the equipment followed all steps while on the phone (multiple times)

Problem:

dsl light randomly flashes and reconnects to solid, and drops everyone on the internet connection.

happens almost every 5-15 mins

equipment:

westell 7500 (bridge mode) netgear wnr2000v3 router.  HS dsl

westell log

http://pastebin.com/R2XBqWuZ

somoene please tell me whats happening, im half decent with this stuff however i cant understand these logs

0 Likes
Re: please help, dsl acting wierd
NWNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyway, you can probably fix this problem in a way that I found myself, after trying tech support out repeatedly without any help and miss diagnosis after miss diagnosis.  Anyway, I solved my connection problem by using the Verizon modem as a modem solely and then hooking up a Netgear dual-band gigabit router to it and using that as my router.  This has fixed my connection problems.   

0 Likes
amesburian

yes thats my current setup right now.

im using westell 7500 versalink in bridge mode > netgear wnr2000v3 as my router

my connection randomly drops every 5-15 mins, and the dsl lights arent flashing there solid, yet i get those logs. cant play xbox whatsoever.

and when i only use the versa link my dsl light will randomly flash drop everyone then turn solid and reconnect again, they have told me my lines are fine, im sick of getting crappy tier 2 reps who take a 2 week crash course in how to suck

0 Likes
Engrver

My old Verizon supplied router has also been acting weird lately by dropping out every few mins. When I called tech support they said I had to buy a new modem. They did not supply new modems to existing customers. Did you find this true when you got a new modem from Verizon? Or did they send you a free modem?

Thanks for your thoughts.

0 Likes