restore router question
alanm47
Contributor - Level 1

I forgot and misplaced my password for my router. Can someone explain how I can reset my password and restore my router to it's normal configuration and settings? I have a actiontec router.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: restore router question
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2
When you restore the router is configured for fils automatically. Factory defaults will restore configuration to how the router was configured when you recd the router. In other words reset and go.

Jim

View solution in original post

jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Press and hold the reset button on the back of the router.  This will restore your router to factory defaults.  This will also restore your password to default:  password1 I believe.

alanm47
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, but then the router needs to be reconfigured for fios. I don't know how to do that.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2
When you restore the router is configured for fils automatically. Factory defaults will restore configuration to how the router was configured when you recd the router. In other words reset and go.

Jim
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@jumpin68ny wrote:

Press and hold the reset button on the back of the router.  This will restore your router to factory defaults.  This will also restore your password to default:  password1 I believe.

Factory default is "password", not "password1".  "password1" is what was frequently used in the past by install techs when they logon to the router for the first time and are prompted to change it.

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Anti-Phish wrote:

Factory default is "password", not "password1".  "password1" is what was frequently used in the past by install techs when they logon to the router for the first time and are prompted to change it. 

Factory default for a Westell 9100em is nothing.

You choose what you want the userid and password to be.on first entry.

alanm47
Contributor - Level 1

thanks to all..... Smiley Happy

0 Likes