very slow internet
kathy-rodger

last few days, if my internet gets any slower it will stop,,,,, faster speed??? is why I switched from comcast,,, cannot seem to get any help

0 Likes
Re: very slow internet
luxedesign

Is it only certain sites or is it all sites?

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

@kathy-rodger wrote:

last few days, if my internet gets any slower it will stop,,,,, faster speed??? is why I switched from comcast,,, cannot seem to get any help

It might help a fellow user here suggest a solution if you provide more information.

What speed plan do you have?

What  results do you get at www.speedtest.net ?

How about at the FiOS speedtest?  http://my.verizon.com/services/speedtest/

What type device are you connecting to the Internet with?  Mac?  PC?  Mobile device?

And are you connecting via wired or WiFi?

0 Likes
MissKatherine

I also am having INSANELY slow internet speeds. I just did a speedtest, and found out my download speed is at 1.1MB

for my entire house!?.

What is going on with Verizon, this is the 3rd time this week the broadband has tanked. 

Please help.

0 Likes
luxedesign

Try plugging during into the router via CAT5 cable and use ethernet to make sure it's not your wifi but make sure you understand the difference between response vs. bandwidth - if the page takes forever to show up but then suddenly it does - with all the elements are there - you are likely having a routing / peering issue, you can test to see.

This is happening all over FIOS right now. go to Start Run and type in CMD - then at the prompt type in tracert {domain} where {domain} is put the site name eg tracert verizonfios.com  - htt enter and see if any of the hops times out. 

0 Likes