wi-fi - android connection
Howe2Why4

my Android connects to the home wi-fi, but every few seconds it pops up connection notification.  when Icheck the networks list I see it switches between "connected" and "ready to connect when network quality improves" -  I've gone through all the router resets, turning equipment on/off, etc.  I'm at a loss on how to stop seeing my phone light up every few seconds and eating battery time.

Suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: wi-fi - android connection
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ive found the Wi-Fi Quality detection feature on many mobile devices to be quite bad, especially when dealing with noisier Wi-FI environments that otherwisw work fine, and Enterprise Wi-FI. I would go to your Advanced Wi-FI options and turn off the "Smart Network Switch" feature.

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
Legend

@Howe2Why4 wrote:

my Android connects to the home wi-fi, but every few seconds it pops up connection notification.  when Icheck the networks list I see it switches between "connected" and "ready to connect when network quality improves" -  I've gone through all the router resets, turning equipment on/off, etc.  I'm at a loss on how to stop seeing my phone light up every few seconds and eating battery time.

Suggestions?

what model android phone

what model router and what revision number

what type of encryption are you using?  wep/wpa2 etc.

I have an older android phone that hates wpa2 encryption, AND I have a newer android tablet that HATES WEP encryption

so it depends on a few things.

in general though changing your wireless channel will probably help and you can try to use the in home agent software to do that

0 Likes
analpee
Enthusiast - Level 1

tmo galaxy s5

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have an S4 with no issues.

How far away from your router are you?

What model router do you have?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ive found the Wi-Fi Quality detection feature on many mobile devices to be quite bad, especially when dealing with noisier Wi-FI environments that otherwisw work fine, and Enterprise Wi-FI. I would go to your Advanced Wi-FI options and turn off the "Smart Network Switch" feature.

pdtex

Turning off the Smart Network Switch on my Galaxy S4 enabled me to solve the connection problem with my Panasonic ZS50 camera.

0 Likes