11,000 FREE On-Demand Titles???
scarredgod

Hello, Looking thru the Spotlight magazine I got in the mail, there is a DARE TO COMPARE ad comparing Fios VOD to Redbox and Netflix. Long story short, in the FREE TITLES category FIOS VOD says "Over 11,000 per month!" also I have seen numbers like this on their TV commercials as well. my question is where the heck are those!?

FEARNET has about 35 movies, Filmfest has 8, Illusion has 7, TCM has 5, and a handful of others have 2 or 3. so where exactly are the other 10,900??? I assume they are also counting single music videos (5 minutes music videos is counted as a free title?), or 6 minute episodes of Diffrent Strokes and Newsradio as titles? even counting all that stuff, it doesnt come anywhere near 11,000 titles unless i am missing something big time.

I did have HBO and Cinemax and Starz etc for awhile, and those had "free movies" but they were PAY channels so I dont see how those are considered part of the free 11,000 titles.

Comcast had a ton of free movies on their demand (the same movies that Fios charges money for) and the Fios rep said they had tons more than Comcast, I guess he was kinda lying.

anyone have any input? I would would love to find these hidden free titles.

0 Likes
Re: 11,000 FREE On-Demand Titles???
Roesita

I must agree there is a mystery here.  You'd think something that had that many entries would be easy to find .  I think one of two scenarios exists. 

1] they have made it too complicated to even access the free ones and very easy to access the pay titles to encourage people to just give up and pay,

2] no such number of free titles exists but, an infinitely smaller and much less appealing to a prospective customer number does.

0 Likes
Re: 11,000 FREE On-Demand Titles???
FCA1975

Funny thing is this topic is 3 year old now, and nothing has changed. In fact, that Illusion On-Demand channel still has the very same 7 movies (shorts mostly) to chose from since the beginning. That is both pathetic and unacceptable.  Good thing I don't rely on ON-Demand all that much, but if I did, I would have cancelled Verizon long ago.

0 Likes