2/3 of 3D VOD movie trailers not working on LG 55LW5600
Axel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just received my new 3D set LG 55LW5600. I tried out the 3D movie trailers and found about 70% of those not working at all at least with my TV set.

Pirates, Gforce and a few more were working excellent, however most failed with 2 totally different pictures (obviously left and right) on the TV.

I am aware that you need sometimes change the settings for 3D from left/right to right/left and / or left / right to up down, however no setting worked for these movies

In my opionion these trailers do not show in 3D. Instead they show in 2D with a 3D signal being sent to the TV. Therefore the picture is cut in half by the TV and shown to the left / right eye.

Hopefully somebody here can check in this issue.

0 Likes
Re: 2/3 of 3D VOD movie trailers not working on LG 55LW5600
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about the problems with your rentals. I have sent you a private message to get more information from you.

0 Likes
kpa1

I am having the exact same problem. Pirates, Cars 2 and Green Lartern seems to be working fine but others do not work. The ESPN3D channel also seems to have the same problem.

0 Likes
Axel
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can replicate my problem. It seems that those movies show in side-by-side mode and are correctly recognized by the TV. The not working movies are either interlaced or whatever mode (not side-by-side), however the LG does not give you the opportunity to change the 3D mode here.

When watching those not working movies in 2D mode, you can see 1 pretty clear picture not 2 as with side-by-side movies (the ones working). Interestingly the menu which the Verizon set-top box is producing is shown as 2 pictures side by side. So the settop box sees these 3D movies as side by side and creates it's menu for that, but the videos are not side-by-side.

So I assume the settop box does incorrectly recognize what 3D mode this video is in (maybe it only supports side by side???) and therefore the TV is switching to a wrong mode.

Can a Verizon technician help here? I definitly assume this to be an internal problem with Verizon or the settop box, so any technician would just be a waste of time.

It is easy to replicate. Just watch the 3D videos on a 2D TV. Do you see 2 pictures side by side or just one? You should see one except for the movies in the previous post.

Then access the menu of the settop box and you should see 2 menues side-by-side.

This cannot be right!!!

0 Likes
randmac

I'm having the exact same problem with a Sharp TV: a few trailers work, but many are a visual mess. 3D blu-ray movies play okay on this TV.  I would like to rent some 3D content from Verizon, but I'm afraid that I will end up paying for an unwatchable movie. I hope we get some technical guidance on this issue.

0 Likes
Jayster1

I have the same problem.  I am using the Optoma HD33.  We watched the Green Lantern in 3D but was not impressed.  Some of the other movies I watched as trailers shows the split screen.  I feel like I am not get getting the full 3d effect on some movies and the split screen on others.  The trailer for Cars was 3D and seemed OK.  I don't think its the Optoma or glasses.  I adjusted the Fios box for both side-by-side and top-bottom but nothing worked.  Is there a solution to fixing the Verizon box?

0 Likes
michaelklea
Did this issue get fixed? I am having the same problem. Adjusting the settings dont work.
0 Likes
chuckda4th
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue.  Panasonic ST30.  It's almost like the TV is taking the image for the right eye, and only showing the right half of it, but only on the left half of the screen.  It's then taking the left eye image, and displaying only the left half of that image over the right half of the screen.

If the movie simply said the word EAGLES in big letters on the screen, it would look like this with the side-by-side 3D turned on:

LESEAG

As others have said, it doesn't do this on all of the trailers... Cars 2, POTC, and Green Lantern all work fine.  Captain America, and most of the others have the behavior described above.

ESPN 3D works fine for me.

0 Likes
oldnotbold

I have the same problem with Sharp LC60C8470U. None of the trailers I have tried work; however, the actual movies are okay (so far).

Dennis

0 Likes
chuckda4th
Enthusiast - Level 2
Still have the same issue. I'd love to rent a 3d movie or two, but almost all of the trailers now have the issue. Hugo is one of if not the only one that doesn't, however that trailer's audio and video don't sync. The video is mildly choppy besides. Espn 3d is still fine. The Olympic 3d channel's logo is fine despite there not being any programming yet. Anything? If I rent a movie and it still doesn't work, can I get a refund?
0 Likes