30 Minute waits to find incompetence at every turn
MRSullivan
Enthusiast - Level 2

SIMPLE UPGRADE:  All I wanted to do was trade my 6416 DVR for a 7216 so I could add an external drive.  I called Verizon on 12/23/11. They took the order. However, I was not sure of the competence of the agent. 

AGENT IN NEED OF TRAINING:  So, yesterday, 12/27, I called VZN.  The woman with whom I spoke could not determine what the content listed order, after she finally found it.  She sent me to Tech Support. 

Tech support told me that the written order was not for a DVR, but for an additional channel (IFC) that I already have on my plan.  He suggested that I go to the local retail outlet, for which he provided the number.

I called the VZN Experience store where they advised me to open an order prior to coming to the store.

CHAT AGENT IN NEED OF TRAINING:  Since, I was waiting 30 minutes or longer for the agents and/or tech support to answer, I had earlier initiated a chat session that I used to place the order.  VERY SPECIFICALLY, I asked for the order/confirmation number which I copied and pasted on a plain document, and printed it for my store visit.

At the store, they informed me that it was not a valid order, nor was there an order on my account, so they needed to write an order.  I finally received the QIP 7216.

At home, the new box would not register.  Again, I called VZN.  The woman determined that the box was bad, and I needed another.  The woman wrote a drop ship order.  We ended the call.

I went to reinstall the old box (6416) until the new arrived.  It would not boot.  I called VZN again.  This VZN gentlemen determined that “the location installation” was bad and VZN needed to dispatch.  VERY CLEARLY, the dispatch was for the following day, today – 12/28.  I had the dispatch number.  Even with the number I was leery.  The gentlemen said that he would also be sending a confirmation email to the email on the account.  I have two email accounts on file – one VZN and one non-VZN.  I never received an email, as he said … AND as others had said earlier.

ANOTHER AGENT IN NEED OF TRAINING:  At noon today, I called VZN to confirm the dispatch.  The dispatch was not for today, but for TOMORROW!?!  The fellow with whom I spoke narrowed the dispatch to the PM tomorrow, and added text notification.  Shortly there after, I received the following text:  “Your Verizon repair request is closed.  For additional help, to Verizon.com/inhomeagent or fioshelp.verizon.com.”

Is there any competence within Verizon?  I dare VZN management to read my account notes!!!!

0 Likes
Re: 30 Minute waits to find incompetence at every turn
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: 30 Minute waits to find incompetence at every turn
franny1232

At least you did get to talk to an incompetent agent.   One night I waited on hold for over 45 mins. and finally gave up and went to bed.  The next day I decided I would just wait them out-  I put the phone on speaker and went about my business.   After 1hr. and 52 mins. I gave up.   Finally went to chat and go to chat with someone who then sent a tech to the house,   

0 Likes