Add WeatherNation HD, please!
DanLTaylor

I have been so disgusted with the direction of the Weather Channel, that I have refused to watch their channel, use their apps, etc.  All of their reality shows and losing their focus on reporting the weather 24/7, I have cut them totally out of my go-to-weather info.  As far as I am concerned, you can dump them, they have strayed from their purpose.

I have switched to WeatherNation and LOVE the channel.  What I would LOVE to have is WeatherNation in HD, instead of standard.

0 Likes
Re: Add WeatherNation HD, please!
chris601
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand how you feel with the Weather Channel.  Some of their shows are interesting but I've seen them go an hour with not even a "local on the 8's." Years ago they seemed to have more actual forecasting around the clock.  Their Weatherscan filled the void nicely.  I wish Verzon could feed Weatherscan in HD or at least in a higher resolution but I'm happy they have it as I hear that not all providers have WS. The Weather Channel widget isn't a real replacement for Weatherscan as the widget radar screen is too small, not localized, and is static whereas WS gives the past three hours so you can see storms coming in and the direction that things are moving.

I have never heard of Weather Nation.   I don't see it on our linup here in PA -- you have my curiosity!

Cheers

Chris

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only "cable" system they appear to be on is DirecTv. I beleive that stemmed from a dispute they had with TWC.

Otherwise, it is only on as a sub-channel to a local broadcast channel.

But do appear to be available as an app to smart TVs as well as some boxes like Roku.

0 Likes
chris601
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to the Weather Nation website and saw the list of markets and providers -- nothinganywhere around here but I guess there is no point in having both from the cable provider's point of view.

Weatherscan is nice -- I prefered the way that Comcast provided it with one nearby city instead of five or six over a large region which can look confusing on the screen.  Verizon doesn't provide some of the other nice goodies like pollen reports and such, but it's better than not having it at all.

0 Likes
mjmiguell
I've had enough of the weather channel myself. They seem to be more focused on being a discovery channel than a weather channel, and in the morning being an msnbc news channel. I used to tune in and enjoy watching the channel, now there's not much weather reporting anymore. I'd sure like to see WeatherNation take its place.
0 Likes