Adding Second Fios One DVR to home....
Thrang
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have One Fios One DVR and three Minis. We want to add Fios TV to two more rooms, so I'm told we would need to add a second DVR and another mini (second DVR for the tuner capacity) True?

If so, does the second DVR need to be connect via COAX like the the current one i have? If so, a splitter from the ONT coax to feed both boxes?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Adding Second Fios One DVR to home....
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are correct on all counts. Add another 4100 and another mini, the splitter can come from anywhere after the ONT. The second VMS has to get a coax to operate.

Thrang
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks - one question I forgot to ask - I really dont care about recording at all, I just want it for live viewing - so do I HAVE to upgrade the DVR fee from the current $12 (single DVR) to $30 (multi-DVR) if I dont care about recording on the second/new DVR? I'd prefer not to...

Thanks

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thanks - one question I forgot to ask - I really dont care about recording at all, I just want it for live viewing - so do I HAVE to upgrade the DVR fee from the current $12 (single DVR) to $30 (multi-DVR) if I dont care about recording on the second/new DVR? I'd prefer not to...

Thanks

If you dont use ANY of the recording features at all, you can get them to waive the $12 fee on both DVR boxes. Just remember that if you do that you wont be able to record anything. If it's only the new box that wont be doing the recording I'm not so sure about waiving the fee. You'll need to check with customer service on that.

0 Likes