Amazon Prime Video widget request
andrewpfunk1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any chance for an Amazon Prime Video widget? I'm a big fan of the Netflix and YouTube widgets.

Re: Amazon Prime Video widget request
LuciusVorenus
Enthusiast - Level 1

The sole reason I have not signed up for Fios TV is that they don't offer direct access to Amazon Prime Video, as they do with Netflix and YouTube.  I currently use an OTA TIVO on a non-Smart TV, and can access my Amazon Prime Video through the TIVO.  I'm not going to pay more to lose features.  I'll periodically check back in on Fios and see if they eventually decide to become a true entertainment hub, but until then, I'll just use them for internet.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I haven't seen that any provider has Amazon prime video supported on their STB.

BTW, you can use TiVO for Verizon TV service by renting a cablecard.

0 Likes
port4u
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want Amazon prime video widget too

tward392
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is rolling out on Xfinity X1 in the near future if you can believe the message when you ask for it on my parents X1.....

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would rather they offer new STB features vs working to add apps for other content.

I prefer to use my Roku as I get not only the ones listed, but plenty of other channels and apps.

But we each have our own preferences.

0 Likes
KASEY54

I just signed up for Verizon One year prime free and a 2nd Generation Echo.  I get those after 30 days.  Managed to get Alexa on a DOT to change channels on the STB but thre is no widget or channel to tune to connect to Prime.  Perhaps when I get the Echo, but come on, I already have Prime and cannot watch it.  No one seems to know the answer.  If I can't find out within 30 days I will cancel and go back to Comcast. There is no such thing as a competent Cable Company. They are all trash.  I may end up with just Internet and by the Stick

0 Likes
patrickrafter
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also recently switched from Comcast to Verizon (December 2018), and my family already has an Amazon Prime account. Surely there should be a widget on Verizon Fios TV that will let me watch Amazon Prime Video on my Fios-powered TVs, right?

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nothing announced as of yet.

I personally don't like the idea of trying to make the STB an all in one box.

Either Smart TVs or external devices (Roku, Apple TV, FireStick, etc) should be left to do what they do best and leave Cable Providers STB to do what they do: provide cable TV channels.

Streaming technology changes faster than STBs.

You can get 4K streaming but Verizon is just starting to release a STB that supports it.
I can get an upgraded streaming device much quicker than cable providers release new STBs.

Schultzpartyof2

Comcast had it. 

0 Likes