Apparent missing clear (unscrambled) channel
Glenn64

I have three TVs with QAM tuners connected directly to Fios (no STB).  As of 1/9/12, WCAU NBC10 from Philadelphia disappeared from all three TVs. Actually, the HD feed is still there (after a rescan I found it on my  Samsung TV  as 63-140), but the "mapping" information telling the TV tuner that it is virtual channel 10.1 seems to be missing (as well as all program info). The same applies to 10.2 (it is there as a clear channel but no map to 10.2).  All other local channels and sub channels are reported and mapped correctly, and continue as they have for the past several years. I don't really know if this is Verizon's problem of WCAU's, but OTA channel 10.1 is still correctly mapped from broadcast channel UHF 34 along with program data. Since the mapping is different for Fios, however, I suspect a Verizon issue. Can this be verified and fixed ?

0 Likes
Re: Apparent missing clear (unscrambled) channel
Ken_F1

I also noticed the same problem with the WCAU NBC channels in Philadelphia. The same thing happened to the WPPX ION channels several months ago and it still is not fixed.

It's a minor inconvenience to me but it could be a bigger problem for parents that rely on the program rating information for the V-chip in their TVs.

0 Likes
mschaff5

Same issue here with Philly FIOS.  I have an HD tuner card in a HTPC and it stopped recording NBC this week.  Haven't tried rescanning the channels, so maybe they just moved it around.  They did this for the whole HD lineup a while back and it screwed up my whole system.  This time, however, I'm not sure why only NBC would've been moved.  Was this intentional?

Also, I don't know who to appeal to.  The tech support people are generally not knowledgeable when it comes to these details.

0 Likes
Glenn64

I don't think they moved the channel, just the map info is missing. It may be a coincidence, but it happened about the same time they put a notice on 10.3 about NBC10 no longer carrying Universal Sports.  You're right about customer service; they told me that the tuners in all three tv's failed at the same time !  I also sent an email, the response to which was to call customer service. So I am about out of ideas as to who to call.

0 Likes
mschaff5

Did a rescan today and my HTPC can't find NBC.  It looks like this is a real screw up on the Verizon side.  Hopefully this is resolved soon.  If anyone knows who to contact to resolve this, please post a phone number or e-mail contact.

A similar problem reported in NY with about the same time frame may be related: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r26730800-NYC-area-WNBC-4.1-missing-

0 Likes
Ken_F1

My HTPC never lost the NBC channels but the QAM tuners in my DVD recorders and television did.

Try 63.1140 for WCAU-DT (NBC) and 63.1031 for WCAU-DT2 (NBC Nonstop).

0 Likes