Bad Gateway
alanm47
Contributor - Level 1

When I try to program my DVR from my computer I get the message "Bad Gateway". Does anyone know what that means. Also, My caller ID feature has stopped working. I have tried resetting the dvr.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bad Gateway
alanm47
Contributor - Level 1

I contacted Fios support and they were able to fix this issue remotely. It had something to due with a router setting that sends an IP address to the DVR. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Have you tried rebooting your router?  I assume you are using the Verizon Provided Router?

0 Likes
Gus_Gutz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Rebooting the router caused this problem on my side. I finally got the thing stable where I could access my dvr's from the web. It lasted about two weeks when there was a power failure and my router was rebooted. Now I have tried everything and all I get is bad gateway. 

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Does the Channel Guide and VOD work?

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Also, if you go into the STB, hit menu and choose customer support then run self diagnostics.

From here you can see if the STB can communicate properly with the Verizon Servers.  Please report back results of this screen.

0 Likes
alanm47
Contributor - Level 1

I just tried this and I received another error message ---- "unable to retrieve DVR information". I'm thinking that this may be a router issue as this problem seemed to start around the time I needed to reset the router. 

0 Likes
alanm47
Contributor - Level 1

I contacted Fios support and they were able to fix this issue remotely. It had something to due with a router setting that sends an IP address to the DVR. 

0 Likes
clem4

I had this problem, and Verizon couldn't figure it out.  It started working after I installed a couple of Fios apps on my iPhone.  One was the Fios DVR Manager, and the other was the Fios Mobile Remote.

0 Likes
kalmangt
Enthusiast - Level 1

did the same thing, I could not get it to work from my pc but once I installed the app on my phone, it works great.

0 Likes