Re: BeinSports - Please keep it!!!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You say cable should lower their prices. But also keep bein. Who has asked for a large increase. How does that work in business?

As good those who say they will leave, not much you can do to fight etf. Its in the contract you signed. If cable companies paid content providers whatever they want, they would go out of business quick as their costs would be going up fsaster than they can raise prices.

Yes cable companies pay content providers for every subscriber who has access to the channel. Watched or not. I for one have never watched bein. And there may be channels I watch, you don't.

A LA carte is more controlled by content providers. They want their lesser watched channels carried. So they bundle. Or they want more income so require a channel to be carried in more packages. How else does espn get so much income? Look at threads for people who don't want it. Verizon tried to offer more a LA carte programming that didn't include ESPN. They were sued and had to drop them.

Why do people always just blame cable providers? Has anyone gone to bein social media and pushed them to settle? For two cable providers to be unable to come to quick deal must put some blame on content.

Re: Bein Sports dropped?????
YourScreenName2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched to Verizon to get better access to BeIN Sports.  I pay for so many channels I will never watch just to get BeIN Sports.  I would (will) pay more for access to BeIN Sports, but I won't keep paying Verizon for all the other stuff.

Please reach an accomodation, and soon.

RMK3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just in case anyone from Verizon is reading this: if bein sports is not back in a few days, I'm gone and you can kiss my ~$200 a month goodbye.

Payin4Premium
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is ridiculous it seems every couple of months I lose another channel and pay the same price. I watch motorcycle racing on this channel all the time, which is the only channel that offers MotoAmerica, MotoGP, and SBK. I am already looking at cutting it down to basic T.V listings and getting some Ala-Cart T.V service. If they dont get this channel back and cut the low balling of channel contract deals, it will seal the deal for me and I am doing it. 

rebollos
Enthusiast - Level 2

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180802005969/en/beIN-SPORTS-Removed-Verizon-Fios

According to BeIN Sports they offered to extend their contract under the same fee and terms but Verizon said no. I don’t know who is at fault or lying in this situation but this is ridiculous 

baso47
Enthusiast - Level 2
  • I'm giving them until next week, if not resolved and I'm moving to Fubo Tv or Sling.
Marv_
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will also minimize my Verizon monthly service and use that money on fubo or some other means to watch euro league soccer.

Verizon, fix this! We have games to watch this Saturday!

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@rebollos wrote:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180802005969/en/beIN-SPORTS-Removed-Verizon-Fios

According to BeIN Sports they offered to extend their contract under the same fee and terms but Verizon said no. I don’t know who is at fault or lying in this situation but this is ridiculous 

What it says is that they offered to renew with the same "modest" fee increase that Verizon agreed to in 2012. Verizon wanted to remove from some lower tiers. BeIN didn't want to agree to that. So they don't want the lower income. My guess is Verizon is seeing that the viewership in lower tiers doesn't justify the price they are being charged.

Marv_
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone have experience with BeinConnect subscriptions? When trying to use it in the past as a Verizon customer it stunk and froze when it worked at all. I wondered if you subscribe direct to BeIn if it is any better.

i have no problem reducing my $200/month Verizon bill $40 to cover my BeIn subscription or Fubo.

Re: BeinSports - Please keep it!!!
Greg201
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh please, you need to upgrade to preferred HD for BeIN in english and then to Extreme for BeIN in spanish . Verizon knows what they are doing. Altice has no issue including BeIN with their "Sports and entertainment pack " along 20 other channels for just $10 . If it was so expensive then how do they make their way onto > $20 streaming packages elsewhere? That's fine. Lucky for me I signed up on a lower tier TV package so when I downgrade back Verizon can keep the extra 200 channels of junk to themselves and I'll stream BeIN. Then take advantage of one of those ETF buyout offers and sayonara.