Black Sceen on Box after upgrade to 1.9
jbahlman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have 3 boxes that just upgraded to the 1.9a IMG in NOVA.  2 of them are fine so far, but the one in the bedroom is having issues.

When i turn on the Tv and the stb i just get a black screen.  I have tried combinations of tv first or stb first and it doesn't fix it.   If i pull the power on the box it comes back fine.  Also if i pull the hdmi from the Tv and plug it back in the picture comes back without me having to do anything else with the remote.  

So it seems like an HDMI handshake issue, but i didn't have this problem before the upgrade.  I have the 7232 box.  I don't think i ever got to the select the type of tv sceen on this one because it was a black screen and i was pressing buttons.  I did make sure in the menu that it was set to 1080i, so i am not sure if the initial screen matters or not.  

Any ideas?

Don't think i can get the wife to pull the HDMI each time she watches the tv in the bedroom.  

0 Likes
Re: Black Sceen on Box after upgrade to 1.9
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

If simply reseating the HDMI causes this to go away, you are definately dealing with a handshake issue. Possibly updating the firmware in your TV could fix this. If it does not, component cables will give you the same 1080i quality image.

0 Likes
Re: Black Sceen on Box after upgrade to 1.9
jbahlman
Enthusiast - Level 3

That was my plan to buy some component cables.  But it would be nice if there was some way to fix it via software.  The frustrating thing is it never had any handshaking problems until the morning of the upgrade.  

I will look into the firmware on the tv, but i doubt there is anything.  This is an older crt hdtv.  

Thanks for the suggestion. 

0 Likes