Black bands on each side when channel guide is displayed--how to get full 16X9 guide
btindel

My flat screen 16X9 television shows a dark vertical band on each side of the channel guide when it is displayed.  How can I get the channel guide to display full screen?

0 Likes
Re: Black bands on each side when channel guide is displayed--how to get full 16X9 guide
tns
Master - Level 2

A full 16x9 guide is only coming with IMG 1.9.  That is new software that is being rolled out area by area.  Currently in Upstate NY, Mid and western Pennsylvania and Florida.  Expected next week in Texas and California.  Probably 2 or 3 months to reach all areas.

0 Likes
Re: Black bands on each side when channel guide is displayed--how to get full 16X9 guide
eiVaL
Enthusiast - Level 3

dont be so quick to want the HD guide, its noticably slower(since it requires more bandwidth to load) and it effects channel surfing as well since the guide loads up info for each channel you switch to as well. thankfully they let you switch back to the SD guide tho

0 Likes
btindel

IMG 1.9 was loaded when I turned on my TV this morning.  Guide is now full screen.  Thanks to all who replied.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@eiVaL wrote:

dont be so quick to want the HD guide, its noticably slower(since it requires more bandwidth to load) and it effects channel surfing as well since the guide loads up info for each channel you switch to as well. thankfully they let you switch back to the SD guide tho

I'm sorry, I don't agree with this assessment, based on my own experience.  (Your experience may be different, but then there is probably a problem with your STB.)

The HD guide does not "require more bandwidth" to load.  It is simply a display of data that is downloaded to the STB (which does require the same bandwith), and that download is the same regardless of how it is displayed (HD or SD).  The guide data is already in the STB when you "surf" channels and is simply displayed when you move from one to the next.  It's the same data displayed for either SD or HD.  The new 7000 series boxes have HD graphis processing built in and are, in my opinion, very fast displaying HD graphics. The HD guide and SD guide are equivalent in speed.  (I just tested the SD and HD guides side by side.)

0 Likes