Is there a reason why I'm unable to watch the SEC Network or SEC Network Plus on WatchESPN despite shelling out 20 extra dollars a month just to have it in my TV plan?
It seems a bit more touchy then some but the rules I keep posting for such sites do work.
Most important LOG OUT of Verizon first.
SEE My notes that follow, which were for HBO GO.
A bunch of things lead to problems loging into HBO GO and many other Online Channel sites.
- You must get HBO (or whatever channel you are trying to use) from Verizon
- At least the first time you may first have to sign out of the Verizon site. It gets confused easily.
- You must allow third party cookies
- You must be running Flash, Flash must be allowed to store info for third parties.
- You must not have your Browser options set to delete Information when exiting Browser. Flash takes this as deleting information when exiting a site.
The general way it works is for you to go to HBO GO site. Ask to look at something and it switches in a FRAME pointing to VERIZON and you signin. Verizon stores some information in flash and returns. That information must still be there so that HBO accepts you as authorized.
Can you watch other content on WatchESPN?
If so, what error do you get when you try to watch SEC content?
How are you trying to view it (ie on PC, Phone, tablet, etc)?
I can watch everything else. It's only SEC Network and SEC Network Plus that don't work.
I'm using my desktop, but it also doesn't work on my Cell phone, Xbox 360 or Roku boxes. I have the Extreme HD package.
Every time I click SEC/SECN+, I get a screen saying "User not authorized error"