Canadian channels
patstarusa

Now that the olympics will be starting shortly, for the first time in my 55 years on this planet, i will not be able to watch them on TV stations 90 miles from my home.

Ever since the very first cable run on my dads street in 1975, we have been able to watch Toronto TV stations in Buffalo, NY.  But with New FIOS TV, i CANNOT.

I do not understand why that TIME WARNER and all of their predicessors carried it but Verizon will not.

I am thinking of changing back to TIMEWARNER because of this as well as programming problems.

It seems that when i record a program, Verizon does not know how long the show it and it stops recording before the program is over. 

Your rep here says 'we get it from the networks''hogwash.   Most shows behave this way and i am getting fed up and so is my wife who is disables at home and cannot watch complete shows thanks to Verizon FIOS>

Can anyone help me????

0 Likes
Re: Canadian channels
Justin46
Legend

@patstarusa wrote:

Now that the olympics will be starting shortly, for the first time in my 55 years on this planet, i will not be able to watch them on TV stations 90 miles from my home.

Ever since the very first cable run on my dads street in 1975, we have been able to watch Toronto TV stations in Buffalo, NY.  But with New FIOS TV, i CANNOT.

I do not understand why that TIME WARNER and all of their predicessors carried it but Verizon will not.

I am thinking of changing back to TIMEWARNER because of this as well as programming problems.

It seems that when i record a program, Verizon does not know how long the show it and it stops recording before the program is over. 

Your rep here says 'we get it from the networks''hogwash.   Most shows behave this way and i am getting fed up and so is my wife who is disables at home and cannot watch complete shows thanks to Verizon FIOS>

Can anyone help me????

Not really.

If Verizon does not have the Canadan channels, it doesn't have them. Complaining here probably will not help in the least, the Verizon people who do watch these forums do not make the decisions about which channels are on the system. And I don't think they really have a path to get this kind of info to the people who do make the decisions. I suggest you post your desires in this thread on the Verizon At Home blog:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at-Home/MSNBC-HD-Now-on-FiOS-TV/ba-p/158277

There are probably other threads on the blog where your comments would also be appropriate.

Re recording complete programs: The schedule that Verizon gets comes from a company called FYI, Inc, who supposedly get it from the networks. They are the provider of the data that appears in the Guide. If you search here, or on other sites that follow FiOS, you will find lots of complaints about the quality of their data, and calls for Verizon to change Guide data providers. To date no change, unfortunately.

If you are referring to regularly scheduled programs, as opposed to sporting events, etc, then I find your comment surprising. I pretty much never see that, certainly not on a regular basis. Are you talking about stopping a minute or two before the end, or way before? If you are missing a very short amount, there is an option when you select to record a series to start early or end late (up to 15 minutes I think) - you might try that. If it is not a series, once scheduled you can go in and do the same thing. You cannot extend a recording once recording has started.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes