Channel Guide Bounce
TEM3
Enthusiast - Level 3

On my QIP 7100 box (have not really tested it or noticed it on the other boxes), as you channel surf with the up/down buttons, the channel changes, the little guide box appears for that channel for a split second and then bounces back to the info box for the channel you just left.  It take maybe 10 seconds or so for the correct channel info guide to appear.  Very disconcerting.  What would cause this and can it be fixed?

0 Likes
Re: Channel Guide Bounce
Justin46
Legend

This is a known problem that happens on some STBs. It is hopefully fixed in the new 1.7 level of the IMG that Verizon has begun distributing. All users should have the new level within the next month to month and a half.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Kefner
Enthusiast - Level 1

@TEM3 wrote:

On my QIP 7100 box (have not really tested it or noticed it on the other boxes), as you channel surf with the up/down buttons, the channel changes, the little guide box appears for that channel for a split second and then bounces back to the info box for the channel you just left.  It take maybe 10 seconds or so for the correct channel info guide to appear.  Very disconcerting.  What would cause this and can it be fixed?

I have this issue, and haven't found a fix, but have a bit of a workaround.  After pushing channel up or down, I quickly push the FiOS TV button in the middle of the remote 2 times, and it updates to the proper channel.  A bit of a pain, but better than waiting for it to change.

0 Likes
johnp

I have the same problem but I will not wait over a month for a fix. Back goes the box.

0 Likes