Check your series recordings - guide SCREWED UP!!!!
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

So as of today (Sunday March 18) none of the HD channels have an HD flag / symbol.  Don't know where the fault lies but it is irrelevant to me as a customer - you contract with FYI not me so it falls back on Verizon as the culprit regardless of who is at fault (and yes I know this is a peer-to-peer forum but Verizon employees do monitor).

This has caused multiple series recordings to unschedule (type selected as ALL), the "Press C to change to HD channel" function to stop working and the HD only option in the guide to cause no channels to be displayed.  Once again it makes the DVR (and series recording) WORTHLESS Smiley Frustrated Smiley Mad

I am really getting fed up with this as are other users (see THIS THREAD) and others in the technical forum.

If Verizon is going to be a serious TV provider this has to be fixed and soon or people are going to start voting with their dollars (myself included).

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Check your series recordings - guide SCREWED UP!!!!
duke_05
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry for the inconvinence

To bring back the C button or if you have scheduled recordings for tonight (3/18 7pm - 3/19 11am) on the impacted channels

To correct you can a) launch guide b) do day+ (fast forward button on remote) to advance in the guide all the way 3/30--- this will force the box to download new version of guide data. Other option is to do a quick reboot STB.

If you STB is impacted Do NOT create new schedule recordings. You can schedule manual recording.

Issue will auto correct if the above outlined steps are taken or by tomorrow morning 11am local time. If new schedule recordings were created you would have to recreate it once this step is done or in the morning.

Not all channels have been impacted...to check if your series has been impacted go to DVR -> Series Manager -> Highlight the series . In the right pane for the show if you see the channel # as 0 -- this means you are impacted.

View solution in original post

duke_05
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry for the inconvinence

To bring back the C button or if you have scheduled recordings for tonight (3/18 7pm - 3/19 11am) on the impacted channels

To correct you can a) launch guide b) do day+ (fast forward button on remote) to advance in the guide all the way 3/30--- this will force the box to download new version of guide data. Other option is to do a quick reboot STB.

If you STB is impacted Do NOT create new schedule recordings. You can schedule manual recording.

Issue will auto correct if the above outlined steps are taken or by tomorrow morning 11am local time. If new schedule recordings were created you would have to recreate it once this step is done or in the morning.

Not all channels have been impacted...to check if your series has been impacted go to DVR -> Series Manager -> Highlight the series . In the right pane for the show if you see the channel # as 0 -- this means you are impacted.

Justin46
Legend

AKG,

Thanks for your post. I appreciate the info and I hope it helps folks. But just to let you know, my attempt to follow your instructions did not work out quite so well.

I started advancing the Guide a day at a time, when it got to 3/25 it would not go any further. I probably got a little impatient and kept hitting the FF button, eventually the DVR quit responding at all, to any key, including the Power button. Finally pulled the power plug, waited 10-15 seconds, plugged it back in, it came up ok. However, some of my Favorites were gone again, just like they were this morning (same channels I think), so I had to add them again.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes