Re: Cricket world cup 2015
Malik_saab

Willow does not have the rights for ICC cricket worldcup as of now. ESPN is offering the event on their own chennels. Verizon has the espn chennels maybe thats why the rights were not given to willow tv. cuz it wuld have had been two events going on at the same time. Willow tv is showing Ranji trophy and at the mean time espn is showing icc world cup.

IF YOU HAVE SELECT HD PACKAGE YOU WONT BE ABLE TO WATCH THE MATCHES.

YOU NEED TO SUBCRIBE TO PREFFERED HD OR ABOVE TO WATCH THESE CHENNELS.

CHENNEL 70 AND 74

FOR HD CHENNEL 570 AND 574

ON GUIDE EVEN IF ITS SHOWING DIFFERENT PROGRAMS THAT DOESNT MATTER. CHECK THE TIMINGS FOR MATCH AND THEY WILL BE ON THESE CHENNELS AT THE EXACT TIME.

GOOD LUCK

0 Likes
pilla
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't kid yourself.

There is no way ESPN is going to put Cricket on 570 and 574 for month and half. Those 2 channels are their prime channels especially after they paid tonne of money for rights to college basketball and NBA.

So don't believe what they say about 570 and 574. They could be on other channels but definetly not on these 2 channels.

0 Likes
crick1

It looks like both Willow and ESPN offering

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/02/10/get-pumped-up-for-world-cup-cricket-wit...

@mtv wrote:

ESPN has mentioned they will be providing cricket coverage through DISH, Time Warner Cable and Mediacom. No mention of Verizon.

If there is enough interest on these forums we might be able to push Verizon to sign up with ESPN.....

0 Likes
balakrsh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not getting a stright answer (Yes / No) from verizon customer service.  This is really frustrating.  I would prefer to pay verizon and watch on TV, rather subscribing to a streaming offering.  The verizon customer service folks are still saying that Verizon is still negotiating to telecast and will be confirming soon.  Not sure about it.

0 Likes
mtv2
Enthusiast - Level 2

My heart would like to bleieve they will put this on 570/574 but my head thinks otherwise....No harm in checking and if they don't have it on...least we can do is either move from FIOS or just but the $100 package from ESPN

0 Likes
vpajjuri

Verizon Customer Service is not confirming whether they are going to show cricket.

I would prefer watching it on TV than the streaming service... I highly doubt if its going to come.

0 Likes
shariff1
I just spent about 30 mins with Verizon customer service with an anticipation of any latest update on this important cricket World Cup coverage. Although the rep was very helpful in trying to provide me an answer checking their systems, colleagues and supervisor etc.., it seems that Verizon totally undermined the coverage of this sport event with approximately 30 million viewers in US itself!!! There is no coverage available for this event on any sports pass channel like Willow (806), 805., none of the ESPN1/2 or any PPV channels have any feed or atleast information about it. It is pity, that such a large segment of viewership on this world sport event has to juggle through different carriers just to watch this !!!!
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Mostly not Verizons fault (other than maybe offering a shot at PPV).
ESPN won the rights and has decided to make it available via streaming.

They did sign a few PPV agreements (DISH, Mediaom and TWC), but the two largest carriers did not (Comcast and DirecTv) along with a lot of others.

So direct most of your frustration at ESPN.

0 Likes
uglyrose1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just had a chat with FIOS rep and it seems theres no World Cup Cricket from FIOS, its a huge shame for Verizon to be saying a leading provider, they havnt offered NBC Live Extra on TV for 2 yrs which almost all other providers do n now nt even PPV offer for Cricket World Cup.

Great response from Verizon FIOS

0 Likes
KC2015
Enthusiast - Level 1

Frustrating. Doubly so because many on this thread were assured by Verizon customer support that it will be available.  

0 Likes