DVR Alert: this service is not authorized for playback or recording.
Suzanne7777
Contributor - Level 1

I have had Verizon and the same stb for 4 years.  Now I am getting this message, and I guess others are as well.  I have rebooted and still cannot play that recording.  Can someone tell me how to fix--I just don't have the time to spend on the phone with support.

Why are so many people having the exact same problems all of a sudden?  Do I need a new box? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: DVR Alert: this service is not authorized for playback or recording.
Hubrisnxs
Legend
If it previously worked then try rebooting your router first. Wait for the lights to settle down and then unplug your dvr for a minute and plug it back in. Should fix it. I don't know why they are related in that fashion but it appears they are. Let us know if it worked fornyou
0 Likes
Suzanne7777
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks.  I did unplug and reboot the box, and have not had a bad recording yet, but if I do, then I will try the router also.  I'm just afraid if I mess with the router, I'll get a "bad gateway" message, and have to start all over fixing thatSmiley Wink 

I have had 4 problem-free years with Verizon (other than the requisite months-long billing hassles), and all of a sudden have issues.  Not just those annoying little issues like search menu unavailable, but bigger hassles involving not being able to access services and dvr recording issues.  I am waiting for the dreaded "not authorized to order VOD" on a night with plans to just stay home and watch a movie.  I do wish that secure feeling of everything always working would come back.  Consistency would be nice.

0 Likes
JasonG234

I'm having the same issue, any solutions yet? I tried the router reset than dvr no luck.

Thanks

0 Likes