DVR & CABLE CARD
MrEdd00

I have a DVR of my own and want to use it with my verizon fios. Do I just need to get e cable card to do this?

0 Likes
Re: DVR & CABLE CARD
pfeifler
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, if you have a 3rd party DVR/STB like Tivo, you will need to get a cable card and have it authorized for the device.  I would verify that your DVR works with the service. 

Regards

Mark

0 Likes
MrEdd00

I have a HDD & DVD Player/Recorder with Digital Tuner, by Magnavox so how would I find out if it is compatible?

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@MrEdd00 wrote:

I have a HDD & DVD Player/Recorder with Digital Tuner, by Magnavox so how would I find out if it is compatible?

I suspect this device will not work on the FiOS network.  As mentioned the Tivo units operate correctly using a CableCard, but I have not heard of other devices that do so.  If you give us the details of the device including  model number, perhaps another user here will be able to help.

0 Likes
SEA3000

This is another FIOS compatible CableCard - Silicondust HDHOMERUN Prime.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes