DVR isn't working with eSATA external drive
CTripodi

Just bought one of the recommended eSATA drives (WD My Book AV Extender 1TB  #WDBABT0010HBK-NESN) for my QIP7216 DVR and it does not recognize the external drive. Is there an update ot something to prepare the DVR to except the drive? The DVR has the eSATA port just under the HDMI port. I know the drive is fine because when I connected it to the computer to reformat it, the drive was quickly recognized. BTW, don't need to format the drive, it has already been done at factory.

Update; found out that there is an update coming soon and this will release the the eSATA port. Hope this helps someone else that was having the same issue.

0 Likes
Re: DVR isn't working with eSATA external drive
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

If you read the FAQ on adding eSATA it states that the update to 1.9 is required.  At present only a few areas (and anywhere that has Cisco boxes) have received the update. 

You can't request it, Verizon will push it to a whole area in a mass update.  All areas shoudl hopefully be done in the next couple of monts, but there are extenuating circumstances at the moment that may further delay the distribution (try search and look in the 1.9 forum).

0 Likes
Re: DVR isn't working with eSATA external drive
MJIMAN1

I just upgraded to the QIP 7232 box with eSata and bought a WD eSata My Book AV as Verizon recommends.  Much to my surprise and dismay and after spending 45 minutes on hold I now learn it will not work in my area because I do not have IMG 1.9.  The Verizon disclosure on this is VERY POOR AND MISLEADING. The one page description of eSata on the website has a link to the WD website and focuses almost exclusively on what set top boxes are compatible.  There is a very small footnote at the bottom that says "Subject to availability in your area (see eSata facts)".  I wasnt able to find out an eta for IMG 1.9 in my area (Westchester County NY) as customer service put me on interminable hold.  Very disapppointed with Verizon in their disclosure and technical support/customer service accessibility.

0 Likes