DVR not responding to online programming request?
vivcrayton

I'm writing here in case I'm just being a dolt and don't know how to do this. I'm trying to use the website to program my DVR to record. The DVR box is listed, but I keep getting an error message that says it's not responding?  It's working fine in person, though. Any ideas? Or should I call tech support and wait in the endless queue? Smiley Tongue

0 Likes
Re: DVR not responding to online programming request?
tns
Master - Level 2

Try unpluging your router and your DVR.  Then power up your router after it is working normally try powering up the DVR.  Hopefully the DVR will then be seeable and respond to the Verizon website

0 Likes
bevross
Contributor - Level 1

@tns wrote:

Try unpluging your router and your DVR.  Then power up your router after it is working normally try powering up the DVR.  Hopefully the DVR will then be seeable and respond to the Verizon website

While there are other threads discussing this problem, thought I'd add, here too, that thanks to Irene I powered down the router (for 8 hrs!). Once power was back, let the router boot first, then plugged the STB back in.  Still no response trying to schedule from the FIOS TV website.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Just had the same experience.  Power back today Wednesday afternoon.  I had to also delete a port forwarding rule.  Some have discussed that solution or doing a full reset of the router (even more drastic, but for some easier.)

0 Likes
donut1953
Enthusiast - Level 3

Call verizon tech support (good luck) and ask them to remap your dvr... Everytime I lose online abilities and call waiting display I call for a remap and all issues are resolved..

0 Likes
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Bevross,

I received your message and have resolved the Remote DVR connectivity issue for you.  Please reach back out to me if you have any further issues.

Thank you

bevross
Contributor - Level 1

Wow,  thanks!   Out of curiosity -- is this something that could only be resolved on your (Verizon's) end (nothing I could do)?  That's in case it happens again.

Bev Ross

0 Likes
fricik

I am trying to set my DVR from the internet, I get notices of "STB not responding" and "Bad Gateway",

Can it be corrected?

F. Kallus

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes