Disappointed with triple play
npiwo

I was never told I had to dial in area code for even local numbers.

I was also unaware that I could no longer stop or rewind live TV unless it had an indiviual DRV BOX whcih is $10 more a month than cable.

I am also upset that there are no clocks on cable boxes.  That is the standard and people always rely on them for the correct time or if the power goes out and comes back on.

I've had this service for 3 days and I am going to cancel it.  I hate cable's DVR menu but I can't live with this.

I would have to purchase DVR's for every room.

My fingers hurt from all this extra dialing.  Customers shoudl be informed of these problems.

Lastly, I wasn't given a choice of my email address. I was told to put in my first name.last name (which is very long and ethnic) and that became my permanent address, which I have been told CANNOT be changed. UGGGGG

0 Likes
Re: Disappointed with triple play
PJL
Master - Level 3

@npiwo wrote:

I was also unaware that I could no longer stop or rewind live TV unless it had an indiviual DRV BOX whcih is $10 more a month than cable.

I am also upset that there are no clocks on cable boxes.  That is the standard and people always rely on them for the correct time or if the power goes out and comes back on.

I've had this service for 3 days and I am going to cancel it.  I hate cable's DVR menu but I can't live with this.

My fingers hurt from all this extra dialing.  Customers shoudl be informed of these problems.

Lastly, I wasn't given a choice of my email address. I was told to put in my first name.last name (which is very long and ethnic) and that became my permanent address, which I have been told CANNOT be changed. UGGGGG

Here are some thoughts on your the points that you are unhappy with.

1. The requirement for ten digit dialing was VERY prominent on the order page for me.  I'm surprised you missed based on my experience.  But you can mitigate the need by using speed dial for numbers you call frequently.  You can program 100 numbers. Check the Veizon Digital Voice to do this.  It is explained in the manual at http://www36.verizon.com/fiosvoice/userguide/User_Guide.pdf
2. Only DVRs pause live TV -- that is common among all cable boxes from all providers..

3. The new standard for cable boxes is that they do not have clocks.  This is related to the move to reduce energy consumption.  You can always turn the TV on to see the current time.

4. All provider STB menus are different, and people ususally get used to a new system and end up living just fine.

5. Why do you think you have to "purchase" a DVR for every room?  The whole house DVR system allows one DVR and regular STBs for viewing what is recorded on it.

6. Ten digit dialing is becoming the standard everywhere.  As mentioned you can program your common numbers into speed dialing which is part of digital voice.

7. You can add more email addresses to you account as subaccounts at any time and can make them what you want -- assuming they are not already in use. See http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/Internet/FiOSInternet/Account+Tools/Account+Management+....

Re: Disappointed with triple play - Easy Fixes Available
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@npiwo wrote:

I was also unaware that I could no longer stop or rewind live TV unless it had an indiviual DRV BOX ...

I am also upset that there are no clocks on cable boxes ...

... I hate cable's DVR menu but I can't live with this.

My fingers hurt from all this extra dialing... .

... I wasn't given a choice of my email address ...

If you address your issues with the instructions provided above by "PJL" you will not go wrong.  Then you will start to see the advantages of VZ FiOS (i.e., it really works).  Try it and report back.  Good luck.

0 Likes