Esata Drive problem
jdmaxell1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone have or hear of my problem:

2tb esata drive on a 7232.  At first FF and Rew worked fine.  As drive fills up (40%), and when your are recording a program but watching another all speeds (2x,4x,8x) stop working correctly for FF and Rew.  You press the FF or rew button, the power led button blinks, but the program does not stop.  The command is ignored or very very delayed. Even pressing button several times has no effect.   If nothing is being recorded, the FF and Rew work fine.  If watching a program on internal drive, while recording on external, no problem.  I have many programs on the external drive.  Maybe a memory issue  Looking for a fix before I have to send drive back.

external drive is a seagate pipeline for av.  I have tried the drive on two different external cases.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Esata Drive problem
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

To try to fix the FF/RW problem, press menu, then go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION. Before sending the drive back, try one last test by plugging it into another DVR (doing so you will lose your recordings which is why I say do it as a last resort before sending drive back)

0 Likes
jdmaxell1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for reply Anthony.  I actually got tech support involved and did what you suggested.  He also sent some codes (that reset some things), but still no good.  Talked to his supervisor and he came to conclusion that it is probably due to the 7232 limit memory and processor speed with the extra large drive.  Recommended to go with 1tb drive   I do have a 1tb external on other 7232 that does not seem to show same problem.  I am tempted to try the 2tb on other 7232, but not sure if I have enought time to fill it up  (Had 60% filled) before window to return closes.

0 Likes
hardcorerobot
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a 2tb attached to a 7232 as well.  I have not seen your problem, but I can't seem to even get mine to fill up that far so I wouldn't even know...  I am having an issue were the DVR flips out, goes unreponsive, then claims the ESATA has been used on a previous DVR, rendering it useless basically.  I think its happened twice now (first time I was not around).  Working with tech support now, not looking good.  

0 Likes