FIOS On Demand
krmyers

Anyone know why some new releases are sometimes available in HD, other times only available in SD...Then just tonight I went to rent Transformers 3, and that was only available for purchase??? but I'm pretty sure it was available for rent earlier in the week. Whats with the inconsistency?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS On Demand
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

You can offer a suggestion to put it back on for rental. Please search on the idea exchange and cast your vote. There may be another member who made the same suggestion. If not, please add a new idea so your fellow community members can comment and vote on your suggestion. http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideaexchange . The Verizon Idea Exchange is there for you to submit your ideas and suggestions to Verizon so that we can consider them as we innovate our products and services.

0 Likes
questioning_old
Contributor - Level 2

I'm being very frank as I say this:  I personally don't understand the concept of renting movies on demand through my TV.  I would much prefer going out of the house to rent movies at a video store but Blockbuster is now out of business so that's no longer an option here in my area.  I think that stinks.  So here again is another advance in the name of technology  which could really encourage me to get a lot less exercise and spend more time at home by the TV. 

The other thing I don't like is that even though I may still have the option of renting movies, the extra money being paid for that is no longer going to a video store but to Verizon, the same company that is already receiving plenty of money from me every month just to watch TV to begin with.  Anyone who knows me understands that I am not a cheapskate but also understands that I'm not about to waste my money either.  And in the end, who is receiving all the profits?  The CEOs.

So I exercise my constitutional right to *not* rent any on demand movies unless they're free.  🙂

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@questioning wrote:

So I exercise my constitutional right to *not* rent any on demand movies unless they're free.  🙂

If they were "free", you would not be renting them, but just watching.

0 Likes
questioning_old
Contributor - Level 2

OK that came out wrong.  lol...What I meant is that the only on demand stuff I will ever watch is the stuff you can watch for free, i.e. without paying extra in addition to my existing bill.  I'm not paying extra money to the same provider of my TV service when I'm already paying plenty per month just to have the service.  I think the whole thing is a waste and means more profits for the CEOs in the end.  That's my opinion and that was my point.

And seriously...here we are wondering why this whole country is having an epidemic with obesity now more than ever.  I had a much more enjoyable time this afternoon taking a walk in a city park instead of fooling with the TV.

0 Likes
krmyers

Hi Anthony, not sure I understand your response..It's not like this was a movie thats been available for a while. For instance, at the time of my post, Transformers 3 just came out. One day I checked and it was available for purchase & SD rental, but no HD rental. Then the next day it wasn't available for rent at all, only purchase, forward a few days later and it's now available for rent again, including the HD version.

So for a brand new release, the available viewing options seem to shift from day to day. Why is this? Seems like a problem?

Also, consistently when new releases come out, they aren't immediately available in the HD version for a few days, why? Is there some restriction on the HD versions, that they can't be release at the same time as the SD versions?

0 Likes
questioning_old
Contributor - Level 2

Blockbuster was a lot more interesting and now that's only a relic of the past.

0 Likes