FIOS Smart TV App no longer available on Samsung UN50ES6100 model TV. What happened?
sdamer59
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had to reinstall all my SAMSUNG Smart TV apps.  The Verizon FIOS TV app was one I had previously downloaded and was working.  It's no longer in the list of SAMSUNG Smart TV applicaitons.  Was it removed for any special reason?  Will it be returned?  I really liked having the option to watch my Verizon FIOS TV programming through the SAMSUNG Verizon FIOS app.

Sandy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS Smart TV App no longer available on Samsung UN50ES6100 model TV. What happened?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is another thread on this subject.

It was pulled bcause a Samsung update made it inoperative on some TVs.

Some people report to still having it.

No update as of yet from Verzion as to if/when it will return.

View solution in original post

Re: FIOS Smart TV App no longer available on Samsung UN50ES6100 model TV. What happened?
sdamer59
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok - Based on the SAMSUNG website the Verizon FIOS TV is supposed to be available for this model.  So I'm thinking this is a SAMSUNG issue, not a Verizon FIOS issue.  It's SAMSUNG that is not showing the app it the available list of apps to download on the Smart TV.

I'll work with SAMSUNG, but if Verizon has seen this before and knows the solution, I'd be interested in hearing what it is.

Sandy

0 Likes
sdamer59
Enthusiast - Level 1

SAMSUNG has informed me the "Developer" has pulled the applicaiton from available downloads.  I assume the "Developer" is a Verizon FIOS resource.  Can Verizon provide any insights as to why it was pulled from SAMSUNG app availability and if there are any plans to make it available again?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

sdamer59
Enthusiast - Level 1

@CRobGauth wrote:

Rob - Thanks so much for the info.  Disapointing that's  the situation, but at least that explains the situation.  It's too bad SAMSUNG and Verizon can't work together to resolve.  Definitely impacts decision on remaining a repeat customer to either.

0 Likes
voodoo171

In an article from"arstenica.com"  there is an article by Jon Brodkin dated 3/21/2016.  As of 3/31/2016 Verizon is dropping the FiOS app for smart tv's.  They will have it available for phones and tablets and they say to stream from the phones etc. 

0 Likes