Re: FIOS TV Skipping or Stopping for a fraction of a second
FIOSFAM

Experiencing skipping during live TV too. I have been on hold for 25 minutes so far to speak with a tech. Will

most likely hang up soon.  Recently upgraded our boxes- I'm thinking is is more of a downgrade now.  We

never had any problems before.  Rewinding is a problem as well.  It rewinds, skips and then go to live TV.

For the amount we pay each month, this is unacceptable.  Please escalate this bug Verizon and release a fix

as soon as possible.  It is extremely annoying to watch TV with it freezing constantly.  

0 Likes
kalypr

We started having the same problem a couple days ago and it was getting progressively worse.  I started searching the web tonight which is how I wound up here.  However, before I got here I found another post with some suggestions which didn't actually work for me but led me to try something else which so far seems to have done the trick.

Click Menu > Customer Support > Top Support Tools > Fix FiOS TV Issues.  Follow the instructions to reset your Set Top Box. 

I've been watching tv for about an hour since I did this and have not experienced the skipping/jumping problem that was happening earlier.

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Yes. I have experienced that. Dont have Quantum though.  Phila suburbs.

0 Likes
Searay90

I am having the same issue here in Flowermound TX.   And it is getting worse every day.   Stuttering playback,   The problem with rewinding going right back to live TV after less than 1 to 2 minutes.

I just upgraded to Quantum TV two weeks ago, and never had this problem with the three normal FIOS TV DVR;s we have had for over 5 years.

VZ, Please post an update to this thread on when a fix will be available.    Communicate with us.    

0 Likes
YNOTK

I tried doing the "Fix TV issues" from within the menu but that didn't help at all.

0 Likes
ematulich

Bad here in Plant City, FL (near Tampa).  Unbelievable, skipping, rewinding, 5-second replays, stuttering, etc.  I thought maybe the cat was sitting on the remote or something, or my husband was playing a trick, but not so.  I have been very disappointed with Quantum - this was NOT an "upgrade" at all!  It is so SLOW!  Just changing channels, bringing up a recording, using the remote....get a cup of coffee and take deep breaths.  It should not be this stressful to just watch television!

0 Likes
rlgates

Been happening in Virginia Beach, VA  for a couple of days. 

0 Likes
iismike24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the verizon Tech reset my boxes and he claimed it should fix it. Within two days it was back to freezing.  So why is it we as customers have to come here for help. Shouldn't they be figuring this out and coming to us?

0 Likes
RocklandVZuser

Same here in Rockland County NY. With all the posts being so consistent and wide spread it looks like VZ has a problem. 

0 Likes
jfinish1

same here in south jersey. I've read all the issues that were listed so far and i am having the same problems..went to quantum on everything..what a mistake.if its not fixed soon..i mean real soon its got to go..no quality service..no contract..hello xfinity

0 Likes