FIOS1
billymets
Enthusiast - Level 3

What is the update on FIOS 1 coming to NYC Area? its needed to compete with TWC and CV in NYC, NJ and LI. I was told FIOS 1 is a 24 hour local channel, who has it , can confirm what exactly it is ? Also when is NBC Weather + going to the all news channel ? It was suppose to be done already.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: FIOS1
prisaz
Legend

@billymets wrote:

What is the update on FIOS 1 coming to NYC Area? its needed to compete with TWC and CV in NYC, NJ and LI. I was told FIOS 1 is a 24 hour local channel, who has it , can confirm what exactly it is ? Also when is NBC Weather + going to the all news channel ? It was suppose to be done already.

Thanks

Washington D.C. metro area has it. I am in Mongomery county MD and there are local sports and some county events I think. But can't say I have ever looked at it.
0 Likes
billymets
Enthusiast - Level 3
well I will watch it. On a thread on dslreports it says that FIOS 1 should be in NyC area spring / summer. I will watch it , it will be similar to NY 1 and Cablevision's News 12. I think ? So yes I will watch it. NBC News NY repalces NBC Weather + so thats another 24 hour news channel competing with TWC and CV Networks. NBC NY / Weather Plus is on Verizon FIOS.
0 Likes
billymets
Enthusiast - Level 3
Update , FIOS 1 will be in NYC this Summer according to various articles that were posted around 2 weeks ago. FIOS 1 will compete with NY 1 and News 12 and be a 24 Hour News Channel, but have not hired a news anchor team yet. Staten Island CTV Channels will be on or before May 1 .  Still wating for MSG HD and MSG Plus HD, Eric Rabe updates the policyblog , but states the same information, why he said anything or waited to 4/8 to release information is beyond me. Any update on FIOS Digital Voice ?
0 Likes
billymets
Enthusiast - Level 3
And forgot to mention, the new NBC NY Non Stop Channel is a waste, and should be replaced. NBC NY  , WNBC NY should have never scrapped the 24 Hour News channel plans for the station.
0 Likes