FiOS Remote App on IPhone
LawrenceH1

I have been trying to get the FiOS Remote app to work, but it keeps giving me problems with the sign on.  I don't think my sign on is the issue.

My signon works for ...

1. My FiOS app - in which I can pull my account information

2. the Verizon mobile website - in which I can login and see all my information

Within the My FiOS app when I try to manage my DVR, it launches the FiOS remote app.  This app won't let me sign in.  I constantly get the "Sign In Error" User ID or Password is invalid.  Please try again."

I know this error is erroneous because of my ability to login everywhere else.

Please advise on what I can do next.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Remote App on IPhone
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@LawrenceH wrote:

I have been trying to get the FiOS Remote app to work, but it keeps giving me problems with the sign on.  I don't think my sign on is the issue.

My signon works for ...

1. My FiOS app - in which I can pull my account information

2. the Verizon mobile website - in which I can login and see all my information

Within the My FiOS app when I try to manage my DVR, it launches the FiOS remote app.  This app won't let me sign in.  I constantly get the "Sign In Error" User ID or Password is invalid.  Please try again."

I know this error is erroneous because of my ability to login everywhere else.

Please advise on what I can do next.

Hi, I know that app requires that you are connected to the wifi in your home and not on the iphone's 3g.  If you have verified that you are on the Actiontec WiFI (not a second router's wifi) and that your login is correct at all those sites, then you might need to email the dev from the apple store.  It gives you a link to email them there.

0 Likes
Mattnov

This may not be an isolated issue. I too have been having the exact same problem for the last week or so. I am able to log in to everything except the remote app. It is very fustrating, I have confirmed that I am connected to my home WiFi but i keep getting told I am entering the wrong username/password and get kicked out. I am using an iphone 5 with verizon wireless service.  

Has anyone resolved this issue yet?

0 Likes
BorisTV

Had an issue where the app wouldn't connect with my DVR or display any program information.  Signed in and out but still nothing... The app said to call the tech number, so I did. Talked to a "Fios Expert" today that argued with me for 20 minutes that the Fios app doesn't allow you to program your DVR. I told her I would send a screen shot, but she refused to give me an email address.  After reading me canned info on the remote app and refusing to escalate the issue (she's an expert, afterall) she finally told me to call my wireless carrier for help, since it's an iphone app. (I'm sure AT&T would be real helpful with helping me log into my Verizon account over my Fios App!!!)

Anyway, after the frustrating call I deleted the app and reinstalled... logged in and all is well.

Seems like the upgrade causes a glitch - you need to do a clean install on your iPhone 5.

Hope that helps... and I'm not even a "Fios Expert"!!!

0 Likes
Mattnov

I'm glad you were able to get yours working. I have called Verizon tech support twice on this issue. The first time they left me on hold for 30 mins and then hung up on me. The second time the tech support "expert" was reading a user manual because she never heard of the app before then suggested I bring my phone to a Verizon wireless store for support!!  I have tried everything I could think of and have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times. The app refuses to connect to my stb, then it tells me its only for DVR customers!! I have been a multi-room DVR user since I switched to FIOS.  Very fustrating that I can't get this to work or anyone to even help with it!!!  As much as I hated Cablevision their app was 1000 times better than this one. 

If anyone else has any other troubleshooting tips I am open to suggestions!!  

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

UPDATE

As of 9/21/2013

iPhone 5  iOS 7.0       

My Fios app Version 3.4.2.52

Router M14MR GEN 2   Rev.  F

ALL FEATURES OF  My Fios App WORKING FOR ME

Hope all is working for you NOW.

0 Likes
Drrdoshi22

I turned my Tv on with my verizon Tv.And then Fios app remote works fine .

0 Likes
Drrdoshi22

I mean turn on the Tv with Verizon remote and than use app remote.

0 Likes
Drrdoshi22

Good luck

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes