FiOS TV- Pixelation, Freezes, Audio Drop Outs
RJMacReady
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello All Techies, I signed onto Vz FiOS as soon as it was available in 2009. I was disgusted w/ Dish Network's audio/video problems, lousy tech support, rude and ill informed technicians. The first several years of Vz was outstanding, but now I am nearing the end of my third contract. My contract (bundle) charges have steadily increased, with the exactly the same equipment, Internet speed, and premium TV bundles as in 2009. From $175.00 per month to almost $240. The best deals go to new customers, subsidized by long time supporters paying ever increasing costs. I have recently had picture freezes, pixelation, and audio drop outs in 2 of the 3 STBs.  I have one DVR, all Motorola brand. I have used the Vz In Home Agent, and the problems never remain rectified. My contract is due to be renewed in April. I am having serious doubts. I am also having to wait to connect to websites that don't sustain major traffic, although the Vz and CNET Bandwidth Meter Speed Tests indicate I am supposedly downloading @ 25Mbps. Vz needs to rectify my technical issues, and give me a bundle I can afford, or I am gone. My question to the Forum is: what has your experience been w/ FiOS tech support, especially when dealing with intermittent, hard to diagnose issues? I'd love to hear your experiences. Thanks for any responses,  RJM

0 Likes
Re: FiOS TV- Pixelation, Freezes, Audio Drop Outs
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think it varies.

This forum is littered with people with bad experiences. But I would expect a lot more complaints than compliments on a forum.

I have had decent success with support on any issue I have but most have been more consistent.

I find using twitter support (@verizonsupport) to be best.

Good Luck

0 Likes