Fios STB Sound Delay
BDL2

There is only 1 hdmi port on the Sonos arc.  I have the Samsung q70.  I also have Fios cable.  All sound played from any app/ movie/ show etc coming directly through the smart tv functionality is fine.

the cable box is connected to the tv.  The sound delay happens when watching cable programming because the sound goes from Box to TV to Soundbar.

can’t connect cable box directly to soundbar because that would prevent sound from playing during smart tv usage.

anyone know a solution to this?  

0 Likes
Re: Fios STB Sound Delay
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@BDL wrote:

There is only 1 hdmi port on the Sonos arc.  I have the Samsung q70.  I also have Fios cable.  All sound played from any app/ movie/ show etc coming directly through the smart tv functionality is fine.

the cable box is connected to the tv.  The sound delay happens when watching cable programming because the sound goes from Box to TV to Soundbar.

can’t connect cable box directly to soundbar because that would prevent sound from playing during smart tv usage.

anyone know a solution to this?  

Is the audio behind the video, or ahead of the video? If it is behind the video, look at the last couple of posts here for a possible solution. Also make sure the firmware for the TV is the latest version.

0 Likes