Free HBO period, I have cablecard with Tivo and cant get it?
gbfraz
Enthusiast - Level 3
I got an email from Cerizon today saying I have free HBO through May (nice!) starting today. When I go to that channel, I get the cablecard info screen with all the ID numbers. Is there something I can do for this to work or do I need to call support?
0 Likes
Re: Free HBO period, I have cablecard with Tivo and cant get it?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

grab those id numbers,  download the verizon in home agent -  another user said he was able to clear it with that software.  OR you can do the online chat, and ask them if they can do a validate to your cable card.   if they say sure and don't ask you for those numbers, then they are doing it wrong.  they need the numbers from your screen to do it.  

0 Likes
gbfraz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, will try the home agent thing when I get home.  I did do the online chat last nite and it didnt work.  First he did some refresh or something and said to reboot my tivo and it should work but it didnt.  Then he did something else which turned off my internet for a few seconds, restarted again, and still didnt work.  We lost contact after that though so I didnt get to say it didnt work either.  I did say that I have all those ID numbers that I can give if necessary but he never asked for them.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

yeah, that guy had no idea what he was doing, and was doing the shotgun approach.

those numbers are displaying on your screen for a reason, they are important.  They are needed.

0 Likes