HD Box turns on and off
qbdeal3

Hey Guys and Girls, i have an issue with a HD box, it turns on and off by itself, i even changed the box to a new one and it is still happening, I understand it might be a HDMI issue, the TV is a vizio, i have another vizio and the other box works perfectly fine. I took the HDMI out and put component cables in and it works but i want to use the HDMI, ohh also, i tried different HDMI wires and still no dice. Any suggestions, had this happened to anyone else, i read about the Samsung TV's. The box is not a DVR just a HD Fios box.

0 Likes
Re: HD Box turns on and off
abhi_col
Contributor - Level 3

hey,

so the tv looses picture or hd box turns off on its own?

hdmi cable can cause lossing picture on tv but turning off the hd box completely...less likely.

0 Likes
qbdeal3

See it is wierd, when i turn the box on and the tv, it works but when i turn everything off, the box keeps resetting, so i  tried using component cables and the box doesnt turn off, it shows the clock. With the hdmi in, it shows the channel and then keeps rebooting itself. This morning, before i came to work, i pulled the hdmi out and now the clock is showing and the box hasnt rebooted once.

0 Likes
billzitomer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just went through the exact same thing with the DVR. Fine when TV is on, constant resetting when TV is off. It started with the software update Verizon sent out on 12/1. I went through several iterations with tech support to try and reset it but nothing worked. They sent me a new box (different model) and I just installed it and it is working fine now. Downside is I've lost recorded programs.

0 Likes
qbdeal3

really, so they gave you a different box and it works. I am using the HD box, no dvr, i dont need it. Do they have other diferent HD boxes? Anybody knows?

0 Likes
L3V3L1

I have the same problem since 12/1. Everything is fine when the tv is on but when its off the box is constantly resetting. Its a non-dvr HD qip 7100 1.

0 Likes
SugaKane

I  HAD THE EXACT PROBLEM -- I HAVE THE FIOS HD BOX (MOTOROLA 7100) AND THIS WILL BE THE SECOND ONE WHICH WAS JUST SHIPPED TO ME -- WHEN MY 46" LCD TV IS ON THE BOX WORKS FINE.  ONCE I TURN MY TV OFF THE BOX STARTS REBOOTING ITSELF OVER & OVER.  AFTER READING THESE POSTS I DECIDED TO FOCUS IN ON THE HDMI CONNECTION & IT SEEMS TO BE THE PROBLEM.  LUCKILY I HAVE (4) HDMI IMPUTS...SO I SWITCHED THE CABLE FROM HDMI PORT 1OVER TO PORT 4 AND THE PROBLEM APEARS TO HAVE STOPPED.  I GUESS IF YOU DON'T HAVE ADDITIONAL HDMI PORTS YOU WILL HAVE TO CONTACT VERIZON AND REQUEST TO GET A DIFFERENT MODEL HD BOX

0 Likes
philhu
Contributor - Level 2

I am seeing this too, since the 1.7 img update.

I have it connected to HDMI

In my case, it does this reset/click/on-off thing CONSTANTLY unless the TV is watching THAT HDMI port.

If I switch to a Tivo HDMI port, the box does this.  If I go back to the cable box, the screen says, after about 10 seconds says,  'The box is off, please hit menu to turn it on or watch TV'

The worse part not the reset,  although thats bad, it is the 'clicking' it makes as it resets.  This happens ALL NIGHT and the box is in the bedroom.

When I posted this elsewhere here, I was told it was isolated and heard nothing since.

Now that A BUNCH have posted this, VERIZON, can you REPLY?

0 Likes
Diego10901
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does it turn on & off while you are watching? Or when it is only off?

Either way you may want to look at the electrical outlet and have it tested.  

0 Likes